1,739 results
All reviews manhattan deli starbucks attached american embassy mariachi band the club lounge angel de la independencia independence angel independence monument corner suite room service business trip lobby bar bit dated butler service business hotel reforma avenue excellent location
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Excellent hotel, it was all I actually expect, room really clean and almost seems new, we only stay for one night but it was really worth it.
I highly recommend it, and definitely coming back.
And I'll be more than please to recommend it to my friends, and to mention the view of the Angel de la Independencia

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Elizabeth P, Manager at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Monic,

Thank you for taking time to review our property. I am glad to hear that we will be your top choice when you visit Mexico City.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

The location is great and facility is nice. There are rooms which have been renovated and others that have not, definitely ask for a renovated room.

The restaurant is good and quick for mornings as well as anytime room service.

I do recommend the hotel and believe anyone would enjoy

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Jimmy,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

With over 300 hotels in Mexico City, the traveler has no shortage of options. For this traveler, however, I only stay at the Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel. It has a great location, a great staff and it is especially nice for those that are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. I am loyal to them and they return that loyalty with a separate check-in room, away from the front desk, as well as providing room upgrades.

This is an older hotel, but it has been kept up nicely. It is a convenient six miles from the airport, so the journey from the airport is relatively fast. This is a popular business hotel, so there always seems to be something going on. The lobby can be most lively. If you have a Club floor room, then you get access to the Club Lounge, where there is a complimentary breakfast in the morning. When we return at the end of the day, it is always nice to have a night-cap in the Club Lounge or downstairs in the Lobby Bar or Jorongo Bar. The Jorongo Bar is popular because they play live mariachi music in the evening.

The Concierge Desk has always been helpful with restaurant reservations, as well as reserving one of the private hotel taxis that are a safe alternative to street taxis, at a fair price. There are also some very nice restaurants a short walking distance away, and while there is some interesting shopping in walking distance, the more upscale shops in Polanco are not so far away by hotel taxi.

This Sheraton is simply a nice place to use as your base for discovering the magic of Mexico City. A great hotel and a great city.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robert V

Dear Robert,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2016

The breakfast that is served at this hotel is world class. They have an assortment of fresh fruits and juices to choose from along with a full service chief that will prepare your eggs to order. The breads are freshly baked and the coffee is very good with a fresh baked pastry.

Room tip: All the rooms are great and I have been staying at this hotel since the mid 1990's.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank anthonycI7597UH

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your positive comments.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed taking breakfast with us.

I hope your next stay is just around the corner.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

This hotel was superb, especially for the price. We had a super comfy big room with two big beds. On our first night there, we got in late and found to our surprise the lounge was open still and we were able to have a full delicious meal. Additionally there was great live mariachi music hidden away in a bar downstairs off the lobby. I felt very at home and good here.

Con: The front desk agent Dafne was randomly and confusingly misinformed and unhelpful.

When we checked in on our first night late and hungry, we asked her where we could find a meal, and inquired about the lounge. She said that the lounge was only serving some sandwiches this late. However when we went to check, they had an extensive menu available, ranging from soup to entrees to dessert. So glad we followed our instincts and checked anyway.

Secondly, we went another time to speak with her about getting SPG points for our reservation. The reservation was in my name and my boyfriend's name and he is an SPG member; however, she was unwilling to assist us in adding the points to his account. I even asked her if we could change the reservation to his name only or to cancel it and make it again and she said no.

This means he will now need to call SPG to get the points reinstated instead of simply being able to handle it while local and in person.

I suggest anyone representing this fine hotel at the Front Desk be informed about basic things, such as menus of the hotel restaurants especially if they are right across from the Front Desk :) and also to be open to supporting guests with easy matters like point reinstation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Laura,

Wow! What a wonderful review, we truly appreciate the time you take to review our property. I am very happy to hear that you found our service met your needs and expectations.

I will share with Front Desk your comments that will help us to improve our service. We truly appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.