Rooms at the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel are designated as:
Habitaciones Reforma Floors 6 through 9
Habitaciones SPG Floors 10 through 12
Habitaciones Club Floors 14 through 17
We stayed at the hotel for 10 nights in a “Club” room on the 17th floor.
Arriving Mexico City on a late evening flight we did not look forward to a lengthy “Check-In” procedure, but things went more smoothly than expected.
Upon arrival to the hotel we were directed to the “Towers” Lounge. The entire registration procedure was done while we were seated in comfortable chairs with a large table in front of us. To our delight we were upgraded from a double room to an Executive one at no additional charge.
Our large renovated Executive Room on the 17th floor had plenty of space for a king size bed, television viewing area with two reclining chairs, a working desk with a chair, bathroom with shower and toilet and two sinks outside the bathroom. This layout made our stay very comfortable.
The room was sound-proofed with an excellent lighting system, though floor carpets and wall papers seemed outdated. The two-sinks outside the shower/toilet room have been renovated with dark marble surfaces, lights and mirrors on three sides.
A flat TV functioned very well with channels in English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish.
Our room rate included a “Continental-Plus” breakfast, served each day from 6:30 to 11:00am on the 18th floor Club Lounge. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, potatoes, smoked fish, breakfast meats, cheeses, fresh fruits, fruit juices, bread and pastries. The French bread was too hard/stale to cut on many occasions, and the wait-staff was informed. Coffee and tea were served upon request.
A nice touch of the “Club” room was an offering of canapés, cakes and drinks from 6:30 to 8:30pm each evening. This offering proved very helpful when we arrived back at the hotel after late out-of-town day trips.
Service at the Maria Isabel Sheraton is first rate. Our room was serviced daily, though we would have preferred an earlier clean-up time than 1:30pm. We were assigned a butler that delivered fresh fruits to our room each night. Complimentary water bottles were replenished each day. A Coffee/Tea machine was available in the room though we did not use it. A request for extra towels was fulfilled within minutes.
The Concierge service at the hotel is first rate. Oscar Garrido was very knowledgeable and helpful. He booked our day excursions and helped with general information about Mexico City. He even marked a map with a yellow marker, just as every travel agent would. The Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel is lucky to have him.
The lobby attendants helped with taxi service, which was available at a short notice at the front entrance.
Unlimited complimentary computer usage was available at the Club Lounge 24 hours daily, and in the Lobby level for 2 hours per day.
We did not get a chance to use the complimentary fitness center, nor did we attend the Mariachi band performance during the weekend at the lobby level.
General Conclusion: A “Club” room may be more costly than a regular “Double” on the Sixth floor, but it was worth the expense and made our stay smoother and more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located on Mexico City's financial district, across the Angel of Independence. 755 Rooms, including 67 suites and 5 penthouses. All rooms features Sweet Sleeper Beds and Wireless Internet Access. 2 Restaurants: Amici and Manhattan Deli. 1 Mexican Bar: Jorongo with a tradicional Mariachi Lobby bar & Sushi bar Parking Area Pet Friendly More than twenty rooms for events and parties. Sheraton Maria Isabel offers a bussiness center area with Link-Sheraton Tecnology by Microsoft. The hotel has been repeatedly awarded the Four Diamond rating by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel
- Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
- Mexico City Sheraton