“Still a Great Hotel”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #47 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Granted the building is about 50 years old but everything works and well. I often check in modern hotels where the lighting, shower water pressure, bed, size of the room, etc., are uncomfortable. Not here. At one time it was the address to stay but let me tell you, in this recent stay, it is still a great place. It is centrally located and with really terrific service. There is a major renovation project planned.

Regarding service; I would like to recognize three employees who are very professional. They are:

Stephanie Molina – front desk, great smile, genuine in her willingness to detect and deliver what type of room the customer would be most happy in, she gave me 1516, exactly what I needed.
Alexis Hernandez – Bellman, attentive, spent the correct amount of time making sure I was settled and did not need anything else. Saw him one late afternoon while I was rushing out, I asked if he could [using his radio] call the service area to let the chambermaid made know I needed my room made up, the answer: “of course, I will take care of it immediately and I assure you, your room will be made when you return”. Everything was perfect.
Enrique – Bellman, on check-out took the bags from my room, called a taxi, stayed with me until he put the luggage in the taxi, was very polite, made a point to ask in a genuine way how was my stay and made sure I knew there is a major renovation project planned. He has been an employee of the hotel for 21 years….
If you happen to see these employees tell them you saw their names in Tripadvisor, they sure deserve recognition; they will go out of their way to please you!

Few more comments:

- The great thing about staying in a property like this is that the majority of the employees are very well trained and can assist you in everything. They have been doing it for so long they can even predict what will come out of your mouth.
- The room I was in was large, comfortable, very clean. Lighting was very good. The air conditioning cooled and worked fine with the exception of the motor being noisy, when I commented this to Enrique he told me they are aware and are trying to make changes. Shower water pressure was great. Large bath towels, amenities are good. Bottled water and coffee are free. Bed and pillows really comfortable.

- Two comments for the management:

I would suggest telling the chambermaids to be mindful that people are resting in several rooms; hence, they should be quieter with the carts and voices in the corridors and/or make some kind of improvements during the planned renovation to better soundproof the doors.

Also, if the Do Not Disturb card is hanging on the outside of the door, it means just that. I was called during an afternoon rest to see if I wanted the room be made up. I fully understand the maid is trying to do his/her job, my suggestion would be to put a card under the door letting the customer know he/she tried to do the room but since the Do Not Disturb card was displayed, the room could not be made and to please call the front desk when the guest wants maid service.

I was very pleased with the overall stay and will certainly return to the property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DianaVerdin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest:

We are so proud about our Associates who cares our Guests. We are sharing your wonderful comments with Stephanie, Alexis and Enrique. Our Executive Housekeeper is making a follow up about your experience, to avoid it happens again. We hope to see you at this, your home.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,528)

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This location cannot be beat - trendy neighbourhoods or drinking and eating literally all around you. Service was amazing everywhere except the concierge - they told us football season hadn't started and had we not have asked in the bar we would have missed one of the things we really wanted to do. Hotel restaurant as good breakfast but eat at the millions of restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Very loud AC

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest:

The satisfaction of our Guests is the most important. We regret to know about your experience with our Concierge Desk. We reviewed your comments with Food & Beverage and we are making changes that will address your observations.

Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is business oriented ( not really for family) , excellent location and you can reach the northwest of city where most of the high profile companies are located. Hotel personnel is very firendly and experienced. Restaurants are within the hotel complex and outside there are several ones in walking distance. Safety is high as is right next to the American embassy. The continental breakfast is served in one of the restaurants in the complex so long lines may await you. Food quality is not quite good so I recommend to try some where else.

Rooms are nice and clean but a little bit small and beds are comfy, the not so good thing is that they are noise as you may hear your next door neighboor. Also, the hotel is old and in some way needs renovation.

I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the nort-wst side are quieter.
1  Thank HBTulsa

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing us your experience. We are in the process of giving a solution to your observations, in order to meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Mexico City.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, friendly and well located. All looks good though the room felt a bit old. The shower and the sink needed some refurbishment.
If you come for a short business trip it is a pretty good choice, in case you are ok with "big hotels"

Dear Guest:

Thank you for coming to the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to improve our service. We are in the process of giving a solution to your experience. Hoping to have you as our guest in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

It's a great Hotel and great location; they need to renew the rooms; service is good, food is good; I will still come back as usual but I may start looking for a newer Hotel in Mexico City in the same area

1  Thank caacosta

Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments. They are very important to us. We will continue working hard to offer you the best service.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Maria Isabel property has been a destination for me while business takes me to Mexico City. Location is perfect along Paseo Reforma and the middle point (+/-) to Chapultepec Park and The Zocalo area, if you like to walk you will not be disappointing. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Their restaurants offer good value, specially Amici with a great menu and wine list. The property is in need of a major renovation in their rooms but they are very clean and spacious. I will keep coming back

Room Tip: The suites in the 40 numbers do not have a great view but are very quiet
1  Thank TG_Tulio

Dear Guest:

We are pleased to hear about your positive impressions. They serve us as motivation to continue providing our guest the best service. We hope to have you as our guest when you travel to Mexico City.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very well located, excellent view and choice for both business and leisure
Staff is always available, and friendly. All the necessary travel services and perks are at reach. A very convenient choice when in Mexico City

Room Tip: View to "El Angel"

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your post and great comments.