Granted the building is about 50 years old but everything works and well. I often check in modern hotels where the lighting, shower water pressure, bed, size of the room, etc., are uncomfortable. Not here. At one time it was the address to stay but let me tell you, in this recent stay, it is still a great place. It is centrally located and with really terrific service. There is a major renovation project planned.
Regarding service; I would like to recognize three employees who are very professional. They are:
Stephanie Molina – front desk, great smile, genuine in her willingness to detect and deliver what type of room the customer would be most happy in, she gave me 1516, exactly what I needed.
Alexis Hernandez – Bellman, attentive, spent the correct amount of time making sure I was settled and did not need anything else. Saw him one late afternoon while I was rushing out, I asked if he could [using his radio] call the service area to let the chambermaid made know I needed my room made up, the answer: “of course, I will take care of it immediately and I assure you, your room will be made when you return”. Everything was perfect.
Enrique – Bellman, on check-out took the bags from my room, called a taxi, stayed with me until he put the luggage in the taxi, was very polite, made a point to ask in a genuine way how was my stay and made sure I knew there is a major renovation project planned. He has been an employee of the hotel for 21 years….
If you happen to see these employees tell them you saw their names in Tripadvisor, they sure deserve recognition; they will go out of their way to please you!
Few more comments:
- The great thing about staying in a property like this is that the majority of the employees are very well trained and can assist you in everything. They have been doing it for so long they can even predict what will come out of your mouth.
- The room I was in was large, comfortable, very clean. Lighting was very good. The air conditioning cooled and worked fine with the exception of the motor being noisy, when I commented this to Enrique he told me they are aware and are trying to make changes. Shower water pressure was great. Large bath towels, amenities are good. Bottled water and coffee are free. Bed and pillows really comfortable.
- Two comments for the management:
I would suggest telling the chambermaids to be mindful that people are resting in several rooms; hence, they should be quieter with the carts and voices in the corridors and/or make some kind of improvements during the planned renovation to better soundproof the doors.
Also, if the Do Not Disturb card is hanging on the outside of the door, it means just that. I was called during an afternoon rest to see if I wanted the room be made up. I fully understand the maid is trying to do his/her job, my suggestion would be to put a card under the door letting the customer know he/she tried to do the room but since the Do Not Disturb card was displayed, the room could not be made and to please call the front desk when the guest wants maid service.
I was very pleased with the overall stay and will certainly return to the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel is perfectly located in Mexico City's financial district, across from the Angel of Independence. Our elegant hotel in Mexico City offers 756 Rooms, including 67 suites and 5 penthouses. All guest rooms features Sweet Sleeper Beds and Wireless Internet Access. Services and amenities at our hotel include: 2 Restaurants: Amici and Manhattan Deli. 1 Mexican Bar: Jorongo with a tradicional Mariachi Lobby bar & Sushi bar Parking Area Pet Friendly More than twenty rooms for events and parties. Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel offers a business center area with Link-Sheraton Technology by Microsoft. Our hotel has been repeatedly awarded the Four Diamond rating by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel
- Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
- Mexico City Sheraton