“A nice hotel, if only the room was better”

Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Ranked #48 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
New York
“A nice hotel, if only the room was better”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a really nice hotel, friendly and well located. All looks good though the room felt a bit old. The shower and the sink needed some refurbishment.
If you come for a short business trip it is a pretty good choice, in case you are ok with "big hotels"

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DianaVerdin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for coming to the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. Your feedback is very much appreciated and helps us to improve our service. We are in the process of giving a solution to your experience. Hoping to have you as our guest in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

It's a great Hotel and great location; they need to renew the rooms; service is good, food is good; I will still come back as usual but I may start looking for a newer Hotel in Mexico City in the same area

1 Thank caacosta
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments. They are very important to us. We will continue working hard to offer you the best service.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Maria Isabel property has been a destination for me while business takes me to Mexico City. Location is perfect along Paseo Reforma and the middle point (+/-) to Chapultepec Park and The Zocalo area, if you like to walk you will not be disappointing. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Their restaurants offer good value, specially Amici with a great menu and wine list. The property is in need of a major renovation in their rooms but they are very clean and spacious. I will keep coming back

Room Tip: The suites in the 40 numbers do not have a great view but are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TG_Tulio
Dear Guest:

We are pleased to hear about your positive impressions. They serve us as motivation to continue providing our guest the best service. We hope to have you as our guest when you travel to Mexico City.
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very well located, excellent view and choice for both business and leisure
Staff is always available, and friendly. All the necessary travel services and perks are at reach. A very convenient choice when in Mexico City

Room Tip: View to "El Angel"
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your post and great comments.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Maria Isabel for a couple of days the first week in January, for the second year in a row. It is in a great location. It is close to the Zocalo, where the holiday lights were still amazing, and the ice rink and snow mobiling were great fun to watch. I was able to walk or take the bus up or down the Reforma to everything I wanted to see. The hotel is quite nice, and the rooms are fine. The mid-evening snacks in the lobby bar are a plus when returning to the hotel. There are computers in the lobby bar that are always available. I never made it to the gym nor the swimming pool because I walked so many miles each day. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

We appreciate so much your nice comments about the Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers. We have passed your compliments to our Associates. We hope you are coming back to enjoy the Christmas Season and our beloved Mexico City.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Location is prime. Safe area even at night. Staff is moderate to good. Friendly indeed. Quick check-in and quick check-out. No complaints there.

But sorry guys! This place is not the Sheraton logo worthy – or is this really the standard you want associated with your brand?

The hotel is OLD. It is beyond worn. It is in dire need of restoration or maybe even demolition. I was at the 20th floor in what I think is called the tower. There were two fairly new elevators in that section and one hole in the wall where there were supposed to be a third. The hole was covered by plywood thou, but it made it look like a place with cash flow issues.

I will reconsider my loyalty to the Starwood group (the group of hotels which Sheraton is part of) and their loyalty program after few negative experiences in their hotels lately.

Breakfast was good thou :)

1 Thank Kasper B
Dear Guest,

We are sorry to have disappointed you. We are working with the full renovation of all our guest service elevators to ensure the level of service that you expect from Sheraton. We are in the process of updating our products.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Sheraton Maria Isabel is in dire need of renovations. Yes the rooms need to be attended to. Especially the bathroom areas and the carpets. being a Platinum member, i was upgraded to a Junior suite, but when i walked in, called the front desk to change for a room in a higher floor and with more light. This junior suite somehow has low ceilings and small windows, the furniture and setup is depressing. They changed my room immediately with a view on Paseo de la Reforma. Although they need to change their carpet and renovate, this room was much better.
5 minutes after entering my new room, the butler knocked on my door and brought me a glass of Champane, orange juice and fruits. Asked if I needed help eith unpacking and if I had any shirts to be pressed. (As a platinum member he explained that I could get up to 3 pieces pressed, free of charge. Now this was late in the evening....I was quite impressed.)
Breakfast in the lounge on the 18th floor is incredible. The choices are numerous and all is delicious.
Only real dowside was when I left. I had to go to the end of the city where our plant is. Its in Tlanepantla, and opted to go there with the hotel taxi, not one in the street. Well, this was a mistake...i paid a lot of money for really bad service. Was an old car, the seatbelts in the back did not work. Although I had the complete address, the driver kept phoning people to know where it was, asking people on the street. I kept telling him to call my colleagues from the plant as they could be more helpful. He did, but still got lost. After 1.5 hours, my colleague told him to stay put in a Burger King, and he came to get me. This for me, is unacceptable. I think the hotel should be a bit more responsible in assigning taxis for his guests. Especially at the price they charge.

but I need to stress that the service in thsi hotel is exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't get the Junior suites...especially if you are tall.
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Guest experience is what matters us most and we are delighted with your feedback. We are in the process of giving a solution to your observations, in order to meet your expectations.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.