Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
Emporio Reforma(Mexico City)
$74
$71
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico(Mexico City)
$174
$97
$95
  • Pool
Hotel Stanza(Mexico City)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
$147
Agoda.com
1,617 results
All reviewsmanhattan delistarbucks attachedamerican embassymariachi bandthe club loungeangel de la independenciaspg memberindependence monumentcorner suiteroom servicebusiness tripbit datedbutler servicelobby barreforma areabusiness hotelhotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Sheraton Maria Isabel is in dire need of renovations. Yes the rooms need to be attended to. Especially the bathroom areas and the carpets. being a Platinum member, i was upgraded to a Junior suite, but when i walked in, called the front desk to change for a room in a higher floor and with more light. This junior suite somehow has low ceilings and small windows, the furniture and setup is depressing. They changed my room immediately with a view on Paseo de la Reforma. Although they need to change their carpet and renovate, this room was much better.
5 minutes after entering my new room, the butler knocked on my door and brought me a glass of Champane, orange juice and fruits. Asked if I needed help eith unpacking and if I had any shirts to be pressed. (As a platinum member he explained that I could get up to 3 pieces pressed, free of charge. Now this was late in the evening....I was quite impressed.)
Breakfast in the lounge on the 18th floor is incredible. The choices are numerous and all is delicious.
Only real dowside was when I left. I had to go to the end of the city where our plant is. Its in Tlanepantla, and opted to go there with the hotel taxi, not one in the street. Well, this was a mistake...i paid a lot of money for really bad service. Was an old car, the seatbelts in the back did not work. Although I had the complete address, the driver kept phoning people to know where it was, asking people on the street. I kept telling him to call my colleagues from the plant as they could be more helpful. He did, but still got lost. After 1.5 hours, my colleague told him to stay put in a Burger King, and he came to get me. This for me, is unacceptable. I think the hotel should be a bit more responsible in assigning taxis for his guests. Especially at the price they charge.

but I need to stress that the service in thsi hotel is exceptional.

Room Tip: Don't get the Junior suites...especially if you are tall.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DianaVerdin, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Guest experience is what matters us most and we are delighted with your feedback. We are in the process of giving a solution to your observations, in order to meet your expectations.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family stayed at the hotel for 2 nights at the end of December. The entire staff was curteous, helpful, and spoke English. The hotel was coveniently located next to the famous statue of the freedom angel and next to the US Ambassy. The hotel was well secured and card access to the elivators were a plus.

The Ministry of Tourism has a booth across the street, which is staffed by an English speaker.
In the back there is a really popular taco restaurant, frequented by locals and the ambassy employees. In the rear of the ambassy there is an fruit and vegetable market that opens around 10 AM, where you can taste exotic fruits like pattajaya, tuna, and cactus fruit.

If we go back to Mexico City, our family will definately stay at the Sheraton again.

Room Tip: Taxi cost from MEX Airport to Reforma area was 240 pesos. The ride back to the hotel was 300 pesos. If you plan on visiting the pyramid of the sun, consider the package from the ministry of tourism across the street. Our guided tour was group of 10 people and included lunch buffet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest:

We are more than happy to know that your family enjoyed their stay at the Sheraton Maria Isabel. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and lookling forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The quality was similar to what I would expect from a Sheraton in the U.S.A.
The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. Dining at the buffet was excellent.
Just a sort distance from the Ballet Folklorico de Mexico
FYI -The Sheraton right next to the U.S. Embassy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting your experience with us and for giving us the opportunity to host you during your vacation in Mexico. Should you have a chance to come back, do not forget us. It will be a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Maria Isabel Hotel is like an old glove, it fits well and is comfortable even though it is a little worn. As a business traveler, you are able to walk to a plethora of restaurants in the neighborhood without needing to call a cab. It is right next to the American embassy and probably houses some of the diplomats visiting there. The staff is friendly and always ready to help with your needs. There is a deal that we took advantage of that offers breakfast each morning, wireless connectivity and a discount in the hotel bar for $30 USD per day. All in all, like most of the other reviewers, I found the hotel needed some upgrading but the rooms were clean, security seemed adequate and the area was perfect for our needs. Should you stay there however, try not to stay in the back part of the hotel. As others have complained about, the elevators are permanently under repair and the view sucks.

Room Tip: Stay in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good location on Paseo de la Reforma. I have stayed here many times over the past 5 years. Reliable internet service and convenient for transportation. Buffet breakfast is reliable and restaurant staff are pleasant. They have also arranged tours for me in the past when I have been staying over the weekend.

Rooms and lifts showing their age, especially in comparison to some of the nearby more modern competitors, which I have also stayed at, and I expect an upgrade will be taking place in due course.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business