Staying two nights in Mexico City during the weekend, my business connection had chosen this hotel for me and my colleague. Check-in and getting the rooms was fast and efficient, and the room I got (facing the US embassy) was clean and quiet (I guess nobody creates disturbances right next to the embassy).
I was a bit surprised that wifi was not included - it is after all a US-based chain operated hotel.
Breakfast is fine and the service is attentive on the bring of being hovering - the guys behind the counter for the hot meals were though less happy and it seemed that I would make their day by forgetting it all and disappear.
Please notice that tips are not included - and be prepared to leave cash when you leave - this applies to all services ranging from the bellboy to the valet parking. If you're an European this is always something you tend to forget - so now it's mentioned.
The bar is fine and on the top of the hotel there's a small pool with a nice view.
Please treat yourself with a visit to the nightclub. There's live entertainment with a Mariachi Band, a Salsa Band, and some other groups, depending on the night, I was told.
The Mariachi Band is really great - so don't miss them.
The Bar Jorongo is somehow expensive - but they don't charge for the music - only for the drinks...
All in all Sheraton Maria Isabel is a OK hotel with a good location. There are tons of shops, restaurants and even a supermarket just round the corner - and on Sundays you can enjoy the Paseo being closed for traffic - enter outdoor Zumba classes, cyclists in abundance and people roller-skating, or just hanging out watching people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located on Mexico City's financial district, across the Angel of Independence. 755 Rooms, including 67 suites and 5 penthouses. All rooms features Sweet Sleeper Beds and Wireless Internet Access. 2 Restaurants: Amici and Manhattan Deli. 1 Mexican Bar: Jorongo with a tradicional Mariachi Lobby bar & Sushi bar Parking Area Pet Friendly More than twenty rooms for events and parties. Sheraton Maria Isabel offers a bussiness center area with Link-Sheraton Tecnology by Microsoft. The hotel has been repeatedly awarded the Four Diamond rating by the AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel
- Sheraton Mexico City Maria Isabel Hotel
- Mexico City Sheraton