“Very good hotel for Mexico city”

Fiesta Americana Reforma
Ranked #44 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Large chain hotel close to the centre of Mexico city, 20 mins walk to centre 25 mins walk to historical area. Some shops in the area, but no restaurants or bars. 5 mins walk to metro station. Very good sized room with king sized bed, safe, mini bar/fridge, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, good TV with CNN but minimal other English language programs, coffee machine with filters charged for, A/C or heating. Free snacks tea/coffee on 22nd floor. Good restaurant with reasonable prices and good quality food.. Friendly helpful reception. Gym. Starbucks in foyer, useful for Wi-Fi. Some on site shops including a travel agent

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColinEssex
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Your comments are very important to us.

We greatly appreciate your compliments that I assure you will be passed on to our staff.

We hope you come back very soon at Fiesta Americana Reforma.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (1,722)

Reviewed December 28, 2013

61 YEAR OLD MAN ASSAULTED BY SECURITY TEAM LEADER, RAYMONDO AND RAMON

I stayed at this hotel the entire month of November, 2013. I paid cash; two weeks before i actually checked into this hotel. I was lead to believe the rooms are heated as the one i saw on the 22nd executive floor had a thermostat with a heat setting upon seeing a sample room. This is why I chose this hotel over others because I required my room to be heated in November. I also stated I needed to HAVE A SECURE AND QUIET FLOOR; all being assured by Juarez Jazmin in sales by email

(It is important to let you know that our professional and dedicated staff do not allow the entrance of external people to our hotel for security reasons,

so we can assure you that you will have a good night.
Please for reservations you just need to contact our reservations department toll free number
Juarez Jazmin Friday, October 11, 2013
I WAS GIVEN A HEATER. I WANTED NO HOOKERS RUNNING THROUGH THE HALLWAYS AS THIS WAS WHAT I HAD EXPERIENCED BOTH AT THE GRAN PANORAMA HOTEL AND HOTEL MONACO.

Well I heard hookers being around in that hallway at night; the fire door at the end of the hallway was being tied open to allow girls to access the floor. I saw the rubber rope used. In morning I confronted Ramon who worked the security at night if he was letting girls in at night?; He said Yes; For money? yes Sir for money. Shorting after that I was assulted by the security team leader and Ramon, dragged into the stairwell. They tore my clothes, I had phoned the police and they came, I was taken to PGJ for victim assistance via a police car. I saw two detectives, I saw a translator of english to spanish, I saw two female doctors I was assigned a lawyer by the Mexican Government. I was told to go back to the hotel by my mexican lawyer and the detectives, this happened Nov 13th, 2013. I experienced intimidation by other management members such as Raymondo Valle. He threatened me and blocked my room access by blocking my room key all for more money I suspect, I had prepaid the room in cash until November 28th; this even after him being told at the RGJ station the prior night and he was told by the police to leave me alone, I had my email wifi cummunication tampered with (wire fraud) on the Fiesta Americana Reforma wifi and the Starbucks wifi in the lobby as I was not able to send email to my Canada Embassy in Polanco or any government address of @international.gc.ca

They are extortion people wanting your money by any means possible and even after the assualt Nov.13th they remain on the job. I saw them there the day I checked out November 28th, 2013.

Don't stay at this hotel; they will lie to you. They will extort your money. They will want you to meet their girls and if you try to meet women in a normal common old fashion way at Starbucks or others places you will be encourged by extortion to speak to their so called women of the night, .

A nice location in relative terms in downtown Mexico City but a large part of the staff are losers. Only the maids I feel are honest and I mean real honest as I left change money around in the room and once had left the security safe open by accident with over near $90,000 peso's cash in it.

Room Tip: The higher the floor number the better the room for quietness.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Reforma in Mexico City, the last time I stayed at this hotel had been 10 years before, and I thought that it wasn't going to be a good experience; especially, since the price was unbeatable. How wrong I was, the hotel hasn't lost its excellent location, excellent service, but also the rooms are being kept in good shape, and cleanliness keeps being their trademark: congratulations. The service was great, but the only problem was that the taxi drivers from the hotel were too expensive, and the city is not that dangerous anymore, so we ended up using other taxis, and had a wonderful time, while saved a lot of money.

Room Tip: Make sure that you stay in a room in between the 5th floor and the 8th floor, and facing away from R...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

We hope you come back very soon at Fiesta Americana Reforma.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have visited Mexico City several times before but this time it was different...I was back in Mexico City after more than 12yrs as a couple accompanied by my husband. It was his first time visiting so I wanted the experience to be a pleasant one. When we were checking in, we were told that rooms over looking Reforma street were all taken but if we wanted we could upgrade to get a better room. So we did but when we got to the room the view was horrible. Luckily, I talked to the manager and he switched us to a spacious master suite with a great view. Breakfast and appetizers were included with the upgrade. Nothing fancy or elaborate but tasty. I really liked the all-natural fruit/cactus juices in the mornings before our extraneous walks around the city. The hotel is centrally located in a safe neighborhood within walking distance to neighboring shops. The only issue that we had with the hotel was actually with the concierge. We asked them to recommend a tour to the city and they only told us about the double decker bus that passes in front of the hotel. It appeared that they were more interested on selling us a tour that they might get a commission from. Well, probably they did with us because we bought the tour to Cuernavaca & Taxco. We were told that it was an hour and half drive but they never mentioned that we were going to spend most of that day inside the tour van. It took more than 3 hrs to get to Taxco and another 3 to come back leaving almost no time to sightsee, shop or do anything else at any of the two towns. It was the most PATHETIC tour we have ever been in. We recommend visiting the travel agency that we accidently found INSIDE the hotel following day after the tour.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room facing Reforma Street for picturesque views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichFranco
MANUEL G, Director General at Fiesta Americana Reforma, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience staying at our hotel. Your comments are highly important to us.
We greatly appreciate your comments your compliments will be passed on to our staff.
I would like to inform you that initiated work to develop a final design for a future redevelopment of all rooms in the Hotel.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The traffic in this city is one of a kind. When we were here the teachers had descended on the city and police moved around in riot gear. The main avenue in front would be closed for the teachers, a parade and limited on Sundays for bicycle riders. The teachers are camped out three blocks from the hotel and you can see them from the third floor restaurant.
The hotel was a bit worn but clean. The service is excellent. The best part of the hotel is the gym. The hotel is very affordable.
We stayed in an older room that had yet to be refurbished on the 10th floor. Yes, you could here some street noise but it was not really an issue. There is constant honking of horns, but I preferred the view looking out on the main street and the statue outside the hotel.
We were there for a wedding and Reforma in my opinion Reforma may be centrally located, but when you are dealing with traffic like this it can't be close enough to anything. Perhaps some of the museums are close by, but it isn't that close to the National History Museum in Chapultepec Park. It wasn't far, but it is a drive and in traffic at least 20 minutes. We went to a wedding in Palanco. It took us 20 minutes to get there and 90 minutes to get back.
We went to go eat in the Centro on Saturday night and we had to abandon due to the traffic and other commitments that we had.
It was a fun trip, but nothing is really close by unless you want to walk to another hotel to eat or go to a bank or Oxxo.
I highly recommend getting a driver and not renting a car when in Mexico City. Next time we will probably stay in Condesa or Palonco. With kids, it would have been nice to walk to a restaurant or some shops, that was not possible from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SoCalGringo

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location, safe area, walking distance to main museums and plazas, room is quiet (the highest level your room is, the better), clean, great service, good value. Don't use taxis from hotel they cost twice than just picking up a cab outside on reforma (they are safe, Mexico is safe as long as you stay away from dangerous locations). Eat accross the street next to Sevilla Hotel at "El Diez" great steaks and great price.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Luis O

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had a last minute trip to Mexico City on business last week and stayed here for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable everyone here made me feel. Great location and easy access. I will be going back in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business