“Beautiful Hotel, AMAZING Service”

Four Seasons Mexico City
Ranked #10 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
San Diego, California
“Beautiful Hotel, AMAZING Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our stay at the Four Seasons in Mexico City was splendid. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are spacious. The location of the hotel is ideal! It is on the notorious Reforma, and is walking distance from Torre Mayor, El Castillo Chapultepec, and other attractions. The shining star, hands down in this hotel is the staff! From the moment you walk in, to the minute of your departure, you are treated with the highest respect and genuine attention. You're sure to receive a friendly hello from everyone! Everyone at the front desk was very attentive, especially Lola. The whole CONCIERGE team is wonderful! Estefano and Julio Cesar deserve special credit for their outstanding service and assistance. Both were extremely attentive and very insightful. Bravo Four Seasons, you've done it again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Ricky M,

Appreciate your great review and rest assured that it will be shared with all of our staff, and particularly with Stephano and Julio Cesar, who makes us all very proud to have such professionals working in our team.
Gratefully,
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Polish first
Saltillo, Mexico
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, the hotel is located close to Bosque de Chapultepec and walking distance to the El Angel, stores and restaurants. This hotel has great service quality and all the staff are willing to do extra for what ever you need. The food is good and they have a variety of everything. We had a standard room and a suite. The standard room does not have a coffee maker and the mattress was way to soft for my liking, the suite did have coffee maker and had a firmer mattress. Just so you know it is expensive, especially the food. Overall, once you are in this hotel you forget totally that you are in Mexico city.

Room Tip: Choose a room looking into the gardens.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear BeatrizdelaG,

Thank you for your observations on the mattresses and we have inspected the one in the standard room that you have stayed and it is barely six month old. Probably being a newer model may come with a different firmness but we take comments as yours very seriously. However, I am glad you had a great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again in a very near future.

Warm regards
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Wow, beautiful Hotel, especially the centre courtyard. My husband and I spent 3 nights during the Easter weekend at this wonderful hotel. I had previously booked a "King Room" over the internet but when we arrived the hotel was having an easter special. We upgraded our room to a one bedroom suite, breakfast included and the third night free. We did pay a little more but far less than the usual rate for this room.
The 1 bedroom suite was huge, a king bed, sofa/2 chairs, dining table, desk area, 2 large bathrooms, 3 televisions and a large walk-in closet. The room was well equipped with whatever you may need and immaculate.
We used the fitness room which was very good and also the pool. The pool area is a bit small but we did not have any kids so we were fine.
We also ate dinner at the "Reforma 500" restaurant, which was very good.
The service at the hotel was excellent, from the servers, front desk, bellboys etc, everyone was friendly and courteous. There was nothing at all to complain about..... 5 Diamond! The 1 bedroom suite was larger than our f

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the inner courtyard, quieter and nice view of the garden.
Dear Photogirl406,

Truly appreciate your great review on your recent stay with us during Easter Week. And I am glad that you took advantage of our last minute promotions in which you could enjoy staying in on of our one bedroom suites. I can see that you had a great time.

Mineapolis
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We chose the Four Seasons in part because of the reviews here, especially the praise for service. We were not disappointed. We could not have felt more welcomed. Some hotels treat you like a guest in the sense that you are treated as a visitor in their home and should conform to their expectations. The FourSeasons made us feel like a guest in the sense that they were happy to welcome us and would do anything to make our stay enjoyable. In other words, the entire stay was on our terms, not theirs. Every single staff member was cheerful and helpful. Finally, do not miss the champagne brunch on Sunday - magnificent!

1 Thank Joe D
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Joe D,

Thank you for your postitive review on our hotel and it is very rewarding to see that reviews at TriAdvisor do have an impact in the desicion process of potential guests. And I am very pleased to learn that we did not dissapoint you and found our services and staff fulfilled your expectations.
SIncerely
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I first started coming to Mexico City over 20 years ago, the Four Seasons was brand new and I stayed here frequently. This weekend I happened to stay here again and was curious as to how the hotel would fare with the passage of a couple of decades. I was very pleased by my return. The rooms are lovely, the interior courtyard is as beautiful as ever, the service remains impeccable (the best in the city, for sure) and the food is excellent. In particular, the Sunday brunch is excellent....a wide variety of high quality food. The beds are very comfortable, with ample space in the room to work comfortably (although when the weather was nice I took my computer to the patio on the second floor where I could work and enjoy the garden at the same time.

My only criticism of the hotel is the wireless internet speed; it is often very slow and you annot get it in some of the public areas (connections are poor in the bar, for example). A hotel like this one with a high volume of business travelers should have a better wireless system.

The week day rates are high....but you can get a real bargain on the weekend rates. If you want a nice getaway, then I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The rooms around the courtyard cannot be beat. If ou are on the second floor and open your windows...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Carolyn G,

I am very pleased to see that you did enjoy your stay with us and that we achieved in making it a memorable experience.

I did investigate your comment on the issue of the slow internet and we were upgrading the bandwidth during those days based on the purveyors assumption that there would not be any interruptions in the system. Though yours has been the only complaint we have received on this, evidently their assumptions were incorrect. My apologies for that.

I hope we do have again the opportunity to have you as our guests in a near future.

With appreciation,

california
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Took my Mother to Mexico City for her 50th bday and chose this hotel because I knew that she was concerned for her safety based on a city with a bad reputation. She's now wondering how soon we can come back?! I booked a spacious premier room overlook the gorgeous fountain patio. It had a patio area and a all sofa in the room. Very comfortable. But my aim was my Mother's safety and comfort at all times. We easily nabbed a private car every time we wanted to go to dinner, lunch or book a private tour. We definitely felt safe at all times. This hotel is close to everything: steps away from Chapultepec Park, Polanco (Mexico's own Beverly Hills/Rodeo Dr) and many other close by tours. I enjoyed going to La Catedral and Frida's old stomping grounds where art fairs were scattered over a neighborhood park, go to Bellas Artes for a show. I thoroughly enjoyed getting up in the am
and using the hotel's gym- beautifully appointed! Mother still talks about this amazing trip to this day! Thank you Four Season's for a memorable time and the high caliber/consistent caliber of service!

• Stayed June 2012
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Uama1,

I can only imagine how happy you must have been seeing your mother having a great time. Those precious moments, with the ones you love, are invaluable and I am glad that we could contribute to make them memorable.
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We recently had the opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons in Mexico City. It was impeccable in every possible way, from the second we were met at the airport to the moment of our almost tearful departure. The hotel is conveniently located on the major avenue of the city next to Chapultepec Park. Its most impressive feature is the immense and beautiful interior courtyard of fountains, flowers and sculptures. The rooms are very large, extremely comfortable and well appointed. Every room has a spectacular view of the courtyard.

While the physical features alone would rate the hotel one of the finest, what makes the Four Seasons truly exceptional are the staff. Our driver was the best tour guide I have ever encountered. The concierge staff was extraordinarily helpful, arranging transportation, reservations, tickets and just providing fantastic advice on what to see and do. We relied heavily on them and were always rewarded with astonishing experiences. The restaurant, Reforma 500, and bar were equally exceptional in terms of food and drink, but again the staff was beyond exceptional. I have never encountered such excellent service.

I am out of superlatives, but planning my next trip to the Four Seasons, Mexico City.

Room Tip: Every room is perfect
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
riacezia, General Manager at Four Seasons Mexico City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Alfromlenox,

Appreciate very much your superb comments on our hotel. Glad that your whole experience was very positive since your arrival to the airport. The fact that you loved our gardens and courtyard is great but as you mention, what really makes the difference is our staff who are true professionals dedicated and committed to make our guests experiences to be memorable.
With sincere appreciation,