“In the center of all the hustle & bustle”
Review of Zocalo

Zocalo
Book In Advance
More Info
$79.00*
and up
Mexico City in One Day: Teotihuacan Pyramids Early Access and Historical City...
Ranked #16 of 539 things to do in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest public plazas in the world, the Zócalo is the heart of Mexico City and is one of the city's most famous attractions.
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Zocalo and surrounding area offers an abundance of food & shopping options. Zocalo itself is a hub of activity. Alot going on and wave after wave of people walking by. If people watching is your thing, get yourself to Zocalo. Walking the downtown area of DF is really quite interesting because you see things all around you that you wouldn't expect. A bldg covered in beautiful blue exotic tile in the middle of downtown? Gotta love DF! The Zocalo area is where the city seems to thrive. Once you're there, you have pretty easy access to walk to many things in the area...the huge Cathedral (no way on earth you could miss that), Templo Mayor, etc. A great place to feel the pulse of Mexico City.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,286)

Reviewed October 17, 2012

... visit the Zocalo. It's literally the town square and where the crowds will always be enjoyable. We saw priests, Aztec dancers, free hug signs, etc. Random and fun, and well worth the walk over. Get an ice cream cone and your bottle of water and enjoy the commotion. Just bring sunblock as there isn't much shade.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We returned several times just for people watching and because there is always something going on on the Zocalo. Look out for the Aztec dance performers who are around on most days and look fabulous in their traditional costumes. We also always buy something from the street food vendors when we're here and have never gotten sick, and had some yummy food - potato tacos, tlayudas, quesadillas...

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spent a couple of days visiting the Zocalo and historic district of Mexico City. The beauty of the architecture in building after building is stunning! The availability of shopping is almost overwhelming - there's a little bit of everything for everyone! And, ladies if you're looking for formal wear and gowns, this is definitely the place to shop! The main square with the HUGE Mexican flag flying in the breeze is impressive and the Metropolitan Cathedral is a must see for sure! With the upcoming celebration of Independence Day the square and streets are decorated with lots of lights, flags and crowded with people and sounds of music and even salsa dancing!
Be sure to walk down the pedestrian street and have a cup of coffee while watching all of the people and sights. Although the smells can be disgusting at times, it's lots of fun and most interesting. Don't miss the Zocalo when in Mexico City!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was born in Mexico City and for me the Zocalo was something as common as brush my teeth every day. Now I live in Cozumel island and I go to Mexico city to visit my family from time to time. This last summer I made my visit and we went to the Zocalo.... WOW!!!! so impresive. That reminded me one time during the 80´s when we were visited by some friends from US and we took them to visit the Zocalo. We were driving by the street that goes directly to the square and as soon as we arrived there, the four amigos expressed the same WOWW!!! I still perfeectly remember the sound of their breathtaking expression as soon as the Zocalo simply opened before our eyes. I have had the chance to be in several big squares in the world and I feel very proud to know that the Mexico City Zocalo is way much more impressive and beautiful than many of those world wide famous plazas.