Distrito Capital
Ranked #161 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week on a business trip, it was booked by my company and highly recommended. But as soon I stepped in I was more than disappointed. First there is not lobby, so you have to carry your luggage on your own to the 5th floor to find the front desk. When I finally had my room I found out that AC didn't work, so after complaining and having to call to the reception 5 times the lady in charge said that they had other costumers and could not respond to me. So I had to call the manager so he gave the order to have me moved to another room. By this time I had been waiting for 2 hrs and after a 14hr flight... you can guess I just wanted to go to bed.
In the new room soon found out that lights were not working; evenmore these rooms are very dark and is not comfortable; had to make up close to the window because light was so low intensity that couldn't use the bath mirror... Breakfast is very expensive and with limited options.
There are plenty options in Sta Fe area, so if you have the opportunity, don't stay here.

Room Tip: Top floor, make sure everything works on your room before accepting it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank adpollo
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2014

Dear Guest

First of all, thank you for have chosen Distrito Capital during your trip to Mexico City.
We realy appreciate all your comments.
We have been working hard to improve our service looking to guarantee that our guests have a great experience.

I would like to invite you to stay again with us.

Regards

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was our first encounter with Grupo Habita, introducing us to the world of boutique hotels. Each one has a different and creative concept which is influenced by the neighborhood it lives in.

Distrito Capital was surrounded by other skyscrapers of high importance in Mexico City; this hotel in the Santa Fe area transported me to a world of cool, modern, elegant and mysterious charm. I arrived to a tall narrow hallway of mirrors, leading me to an elevator which took me to the lobby. At first I was little confused about where it would take me since there were no signs indicating where to go. The mystery was exciting, it gave the hotel a unique appeal. The service was very different from all other hotels, the staff was very reserved yet kind, I really liked the fact that they just let you be and don't bother you all day.

I knew I was in the perfect hotel when I walked onto my floor and saw a Nespresso machine waiting for me. The hallways leading to the rooms were also very tall and narrow, painted in black to transmit the mysterious vibe. The room was very chic, with views of the city. Color palette was black, white and gray. The lack of color was very sophisticated and the design details were superb. From witty phrases on the telephone, to an impeccable taste for furniture and even the Acqua Di Parma toiletries.

I loved the privacy of the bathroom, being separated by an actual door, and being far from the bedroom and shower. I note this because other Grupo Habita hotels don't have as much separation from bedroom to bathroom. One of my favorite features about the room, was the fact that there was a bathtub and shower. The bathtub was amazing, I started to feel like I was an important business man in another life. I was reading the newspaper and enjoying my hot espresso.

Distrito Capital is a great place to escape from the busy city scene and become someone sophisticated and relaxed.

Thanks Distrito Capital!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coordinatesdlt

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for all your comments.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stays at Distrito Capital.

We hope you come back very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I found this to be a great hotel, clean rooms, great service, I recommend this hotel specially for business. The attention from all the workers is great, they made me feel comfortable. The internet connection worked just as I like. The location was not the best for my needs, but it may work for anybody else.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tu Cuate Gonzal... M

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for all your comments.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stays at Distrito Capital.

We hope you come back very soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

this is not the sort of place we would usually choose to stay in but our gamble paid off. We enjoyed ourselves here and loved the tremendous views over the city. I cool, place to stay but far removed from the reality of the city. Ultra clean, fresh and modern - not an accurate representative of Mexico City.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Château du P
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and your recomendation. We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Distrito Capital.
We hope you visit us again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

From the discreetly lit entrance to the sublimely chic lobby on the 5th floor to the tonal black and white oasis on the 26th floor with Amazing views of the city. This hotel was one sweet surprise after another. Soaring windows, spa bath, with incredible toiletries, innovative restaurant, and a drop dead gorgeous infinity pool. The staff was wonderfully attentative,especially Carlos at the front desk.

• Stayed: January 2013
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and our Design. Thank you very much for all your comments. We are at your service and hope you will visit us again very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I book this hotel for a business stay, I had some meetings to attend and look professional and quite to get some work done.

I definitely recommended for anyone looking for a great stay, it was quite, professional the hotel staff was super friendly and helpful.

Im going back in a couple of weeks and I have invited my Gfriend to get some work done and relax.

Room Tip: I did not get a chance to try the SPA, but on my next trip I will definitely do so.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RodrigoDeLaHoz, Gerente at Distrito Capital, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

We are very pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us
It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope you come back soon.

kind regards

Rodrigo De La Hoz

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Loved my stay at the DC! The views are spectacular!!! And there is a pool too thats makes you feel like you are in the middle of an Oasis rather than a city! The service is great, personal and friendly...they make you feel at home! Deffo the place to stay in Santa Fe!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business