We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay as first-time visitors to Mexico City. I booked our room directly through the Chillout Flat website and received a quick response, as well as detailed directions to the property via metro, bus or taxi. The proprietors even included directions in Spanish to give to a taxi driver if needed. We opted for the metro and had no problem getting to the property, which is just around the corner from the Allende metro stop. The building is a historic multi-use property - a mix of retail, apartments and the B and B - and there's no sign outside, but we recognized the entrance from the photos on the website.
We stayed in the Satsanga suite on the third floor, accessible by elevator or stairs. Our bedroom had a private bathroom (with a large, roomy shower - always a welcome sight for tall people like my husband and I!) and a living room and kitchen that we shared with the occupant of the other room in the Satsanga suite. The WiFi service was excellent, and there was even a computer in the living room we could have used if we didn't have our own devices. Overall, the room was quiet, but there were a few odd building mechanical noises every morning around 7 AM and some noise from building residents off and on. Nothing unbearable or unexpected from an old building in an urban neighborhood. The hot water also disappeared a couple of times during my morning shower, but these minor inconveniences didn't take too much away from the otherwise clean and comfortable environment.
The best things about Chillout Flat, however, are the hosts and its location. David and Eloisa were extremely welcoming and gracious, as was their assistant, Geraldo. We were greeted with a lovely homemade breakfast each morning and always enjoyed the conversation with the interesting mix of guests assembled at the table. David spoke excellent English, and his advice for getting around the city was invaluable - he tipped us off to the green trolley, which was a much easier way to get to the Autobuses de Norte station than the metro, among other helpful tidbits. Much of what we enjoyed during our 6 days in Mexico City, however was within walking distance of the Chillout Flat, which is in a bustling, vibrant section of the city where we felt safe walking at all hours. Without a doubt, if we're ever lucky enough to return to Mexico City, we will be staying again at the Chillout Flat Bed and Breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Born right in the heart of Mexico City, and its relaunched Centro Historico, our Flats are located at main Bolivar street just around the corner to the enigmatic Tacuba street. Chillout Flat is an urban oasis, a bed and breakfast with an unbeatable homely atmosphere, 9 rooms and a Mystical soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chillout Flat Bed And Breakfast
- Chillout Flat Hotel Mexico City
- Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast Mexico City