I cannot fault the location of this accomodation but there were some fundamentals which had not been looked after by the owners. In addition: -
1. I would not recommend this place to couples. We are a couple of young professionals who usually stay in bed and breakfasts and this was probably one of our worst choices which was a great shame given the high rating it had on trip advisor.
I think the accomodation is suitable for backpackers or people who only have a night or two to stay.
2. When we first arrived, we were shown a small room which was outside of the main common area and the window was broken with a hole in it. This was not appropriate, especially given we were travelling in December! However, we were offered an alternative room which was much larger and more acceptable (just glad they were not fully booked)
3. The breakfast was OK but nothing great (especially compared to all our other experiences) and it is more tailored to the taste of the owners rather than their guests.
Overall, disapointing given the high marks it has on tripadvisor but the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Born right in the heart of Mexico City, and its relaunched Centro Historico, our 2 Flats are located at main Bolivar street just around the corner to the enigmatic Tacuba street. Chillout Flat is an urban oasis, a bed and breakfast with an unbeatable homely atmosphere, 7 rooms and a Mystical soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chillout Flat Bed And Breakfast
- Chillout Flat Hotel Mexico City
- Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast Mexico City