“Fantastic location!”

Chillout Flat Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 167 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We couldn't have been any more happier with the location - can it get more central? The B&B is located in a beautiful historic building right in the Centro Historico, and we have to admit we almost didn't find it because we didn't read the detailed instructions in our booking confirmation email - so definitely have the directions ready before you get there.

The communal living area was a great space to hang out, with lots of guide books that provided us with ideas for what to do and where to eat. David and Eloisa, the owners, were very welcoming and we were sad to have missed the breakfast because of an early flight - apparently the breakfast alone is worth staying at Chillout Flat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel to Mexico City once or twice each year and have stayed at a number of facilities in the colonial center. I found Chillout Flat B&B to be one of my most delightful stays. I was there for only two nights, but found the ambiance fantastic -- homey, interesting, low-key, private, yet, social. David and Eloisa are wonderful, interesting people who respect your space, but who also will warmly engage you if you want. Other folks staying there were from Japan and Brazil, another interesting feature. Rooms are unique and non-institutional. Breakfast, included in the very reasonable price, is fantastic. I'll be back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dongoyo99
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The other reviews basically say it all...I would add that it provides you some contact with other travellers like a hostel, but still affords privacy. By chance we got the "Kundalini" room...it has a great balcony filled with plants and is next to the 16th century church next door. The bathroom is adequte and the bed is HUGE. The owner will send an email to confirm when you book which gave some good tips how to get there, namely, the excellent "Linea 4" metro bus serving the airport, which is amazing. Linea 4 also serves TAPO for those folks arriving by bus. You only need to buy ONE card and simply swipe it for every member of your party...you do NOT need to get a separate card for everyone! The sidewalks and streets are busy (this is the Centro Historico, afterall) but noise was not a problem. Must see museum, practically next door, is the National Art Museum...but Belles Artes is a short walk away too, as are countless attractions. Allende metro stop is around the corner...catch the train bound for Tasquena and get off at Gen'l Anaya: it's a pleasant stroll from there to Coyoacan and the Museo Frida Kahlo via Xicotencatl Street, and there's a great place for breakfast on left about halfway to the "center" of Coyoacan.
Only regret is I didn't have more time to stay at Chill Out Flat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David W
Reviewed August 12, 2012

On a "value for cost" scale, Chillout Flat comes in very high. My stay was for a week. The hosts, David and Eloisa, are helpful and accessible. I took a fall (Mexico City is notorious for uneven sidewalks) the second day I was there, and David got me in to see a physician the same day that I told him about it. There is little that I can add to the ealier reviews. My room was on the street, but the windows are double glazed so I had little trouble sleeping. I spent one day in because of my injury, and had no problems napping. The bathroom (private, but "down the hall') was clean and everything worked (The valves on the shower are reversed--the hot water will come if one opens the correct one). I was warned of the location of the bathroom in advance, so I brought a light robe for the sake of the other guests. The breakfasts were excellent and filling. I had to ask for a smaller serving to guard against waste and personal gluttony. The other guests were lively and interesting. One note: the bed had a good light for reading, something often not the case. Also, taxi drivers might be confused by the location--there is no on-street signage for the b&b.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank WalkingBob
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is a part of heaven in the heart of Mexico City. The location is ideal: between the Zocalo and the Palacio de Bellas Artes, it's a few feet away from Allende subway station.
The tenants are adorable. They prepare a delicious breakfast every morning.
Internet access with a computer or wifi. Cable TV.
I recommend to anyone visiting Mexico City to stay at this amazing B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 22, 2012

My wife and I spent a week in Mexico City. One of the highlights of our trip was our stay at this cozy b&b. The owners, David and Eloisa made us feel right at home with their excellent service, great attitude and good tips on what to do and how to get around this beautiful city.

According to reviews, we had gotten the noisiest room with a window to the street, to our surprise and delight, David recently had double pane windows added to the room so the noise level coming from the street was minimum.

We particularly enjoyed breakfast time where we got to share stories and adventures from the prior day with other guests from around the world as well as David and his Wife Eloisa.

Because Chillout Flat is within walking distance to dozens of museums and galleries; hundreds of restaurants, bars and taco joints right in the middle of centro historico, we had time to enjoy more of Mexico City within the week we stayed there.

We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raul_NG
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This b&b made me feel like I had my own appartment in Mexico City, located in a great spot: downtown, beautiful buldings all around it, metro stops a few steps away from it, museums, authentic local food restaurants. David is super accesible and friendly, he makes you feel like you're visiting a good friend that you haven't seen in years, don't be affraid to ask for his advice, insights on the beautiful city. I was there for a concert (radiohead) and still got to see many many sights around the flat.

Cheers David, keep doing such a great job!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo