“Average”

Morton's The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #328 of 4,752 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Armenian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed May 28, 2013

First time I went to a Mortons steak house was in Houston and it was excellent. When one opened in Mexico City I was very pleased but after several visits I have never had the same quality of meal as I did in Houston. The steaks a good but not very good! It's expensive so rather frustrating not to have a superb meal. Rather hit and miss......must confess that one visit I did have a good meal however.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Frecquented by wealthy lebanese-mexicans and politicians whose money is no obstacle attitude make it unatractive to the rest.

1  Thank Mechudo
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went in September and as we were eating our meat (which was very good) a cockroach decided to stop by the salt shaker, I asked the captain to take it away and did so. Obviouslly we did not finish our main course as we felt that if there is one there must be another one around. Politelly I asked for the check and was handed one without a apolegy incredulus to me when I said to the head waiter about the cockroach he said in a funny manner that he didn't charge me for his visit. After some discussion he said that he or anyone on the restaurant was not authorized to give a discount but he could call his manager. Finally after an hour passed by the offered to discount the cockroach but only if we left a business card. On Monday I sent an e-mail to the corporate offices regarding the situation, the handling and our sentiment. Its been almost two months and I haven't heard back.

Although their food is normally outstanding I guess I will not be going back.

1  Thank Kolte
Reviewed October 10, 2012

You always know what to expect from a meal in Morton's:

Top quality food, excellent wine selection, great service, Mature audience, High prices.

México City is no exception.

Everything was as expected, location is great and you feel for some minutes you just stepped into your favorite Morton's in the USA.

It is kind of sad that the wine list is so expensive compared to other restaurants in Mexico, but then again you usually forget it just because you are being pampered all the way.

You like Morton's anywhere or you are feeling a little home sick?? You should go.

Are you trying to have a great food in Mexico City and don´t mind the price?? There are MANY other options that are unique to Mexico City and worth trying.

2  Thank Pedro G
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The Restaurant is very nice with a nice atmosphere. The service is excellent and the food is delicious!!!! The best dessert is the Godiva cake don[t forget to ask for it when you order!!!