“Great experience with Peruvian food in Mexico”
Review of Astrid & Gaston

Astrid & Gaston
Reserve with OpenTable
Astrid & Gaston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #135 of 4,603 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Alejandro Dumas y Eugenio Sue
Reviewed November 17, 2013

After a week in Mexico my family and I were ready to try also a different food type besides the Mexican. We had yet 2 weeks to continue with the mexican and more specific with the Yucatan food to go.

So we went to this Peruvian restaurant in Mexico City, which was a great gourmet experience. It is a branch of the famous Peruvian restaurant Astrid y Gaston. Delicious food, cosy and beautiful environment as well as good and friendly service. What else to ask? Pisco drink was also something to remember! Prices are not that friendly, but it's worth going there.

There are newer reviews for Astrid & Gaston

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Having eaten at Astrid and Gaston in Bogota and Buenos Aires, I looked forward to the occasion. But I was disappointed. On the positive side, the atmosphere was energetic and very appealing, with fires lit to our right. And the service was attentive without being top-notch. But the food was far less than I had expected. While my own ceviche was excellent, my friend's was mediocre, almost devoid of taste. Both our main meals were average. Did I have to go to Astrid and Gaston to get fish and rice sauteed in soy sauce? Only the desert, a chocolate bombe, was extraordinary and memorable. What can I say, perhaps the chefs were not trying hard that night.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

High prices for sure. But the place is really great, very design and trendy. Service is just perfect - very high level. So prepare to spend a lot of money but you'll get a unique experience of atmosphere and of peruvian food. And to make it easier when you have to pay, here is a tip: you'll see that the bill looks very much nicer after a couple of their (excellent) pisco sour cocktails.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

So I love finding a Peruvian place to eat when I travel (I am partial since my wife is Peruvian). This place is a gourmet and not the authentic place if that is what you are looking for. The food was good but again not your standard. They did have Lomo Saltado but that is about the only authentic dish. The rest is gourmet fusion. I asked for papa a la hauncaina or aji de gallina but they couldn't oblige. They also only have 1 type of Pisco! I do have to admit the presentation was very good and the ambiance was awesome (they have a patio with fireplaces). The service was superb. It is a bit pricey but remember it's the gourmet you're paying for.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time. Place is very nice a people very cordial but for the price paid I didn't feel the wow factor. I ordered a chilcano drink, never got it.