“Great food, good atmosphere...”
Review of Astrid & Gaston

Astrid & Gaston
Reserve with OpenTable
Astrid & Gaston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 4,897 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Alejandro Dumas y Eugenio Sue
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Awsome food, every dish we tried was cooked perfectly. Open space with great terrace, good atmosphere and service. One of the best diners I had. Try the breads, the sauces and everything else. We've tried a lot of restaurants on business in Mexico City, mainly Masaryk, and this is probably on the top 3.We just loved it.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I'm not an expert on Peruvian food but this experience has probably set the bar so high that I'm afraid I'll be frustrated trying to match it. Every single detail, from the artisan breads to the way they serve your water shows craft and creativity. The wine list is overpriced. The food is amazing.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The place is very nicely decorated, makes one feel welcomed.
The service is helpful and the waiters know the preparation of every dish in the menu.
You feel pampered without being stalked by the staff.
Good food, good wines. My family just loved it!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I spent a few days in Peru last year and the food was incredible. I was not expecting to find comparable dishes in Mexico. The restaurant itself is hidden down a street. The only reason you would know its a restaurant was the Zagat sticker on the window. The shrimp appetizer was one of the best things I have ever eaten. The Peruvian dishes have a Mexican twist using local flavors. This restaurant is a must!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I discovered the delights of Peruvian food last year on a business trip to Lima. I was amazed at the sophistication and amazing flavors.

On my recent trip to Mexico city we found Astrid & Gaston. Apparently it's a well known international chain. I haven't been to any other venues.

The food was amazing. I had ceviche to start with followed by traditional Lomo Saltado (a dish which even my kids love). Clearly Astrid & Gaston is high-end interpretation of Peruvian food but I certainly loved it!