“Excellent”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #7 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This is one of the best hotels I've been to. Room, facilities, services, everything basically. Attention to detail from the beautiful flowers to the all the staff knowing your name. That means it's excellent, really. However, because I stayed there for over 2 months and in multiple rooms I can say the following that could serve as feedback to the hotel staff (though I wouldnt say it would ruin anyone's stay):
1. The breakfast area is usually full, so if you are a business traveller like me it means you'll rather grab a coffee at Starbucks instead of waiting 10 min just to be seated
2. The breakfast area (again) offers very little on the buffet, you need to order any hot items, even a toast. So, again, as a business traveller I usually don't even bother the wait
3. The shower pressure varies significantly from room to room. Some are amazing, others, usually on the upper levels, pretty much suck
4. There is a great terrace outside the lobby, but the few times I was there I had to leave in 30 min for any other event they would host there
5. Depending on the side you stay, you will be waked at 7am by angry mexicans honking endlessly at the longest traffic light in Reforma.
6. This final point is really not the hotel's responsibility at all, but many times there is a govt event happening right outside the hotel on sunday. It is loud (really loud) and it starts at 6am and goes all the way in the afternoon. I was so traumatized I chose to stay at condesa on other weekends after this. So for these final points, I dont understand why arent the windows more sound-protective. Grand hyatt does a great job at that.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Elisa,

We are very grateful about your review and feedback. Your trust is a privilege and an invaluable chance to improve. I have personally spoke to Javier Perez Rubio, Food And Beverage Director, to optimize our restaurant reservations during high occupancy seasons, and to Rodrigo Montero, Engineering Director to check every shower in every room, just to make sure they all are in great conditions.
I have met the city’s Tourism Secretary, to request his help about this issue, in the meantime we are putting earplugs during weekend nights, to provide a pleasant sleep.

I will be looking forward to your further comments.

Sincerely yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Greek first
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed April 11, 2014

as one can see I travel a lot and I love .I try to stay in several places, at several price levels. I chose this hotel for the last two nights of my stay in MEXICO CITY...as a treat ,so to say.
Of course one can not compare a 600us hotel to my other 2 hotels which were in the 60us price range...so I will not do it.
The reception is on te 3rd floor. The elevator just takes you to 1 to 3 and then upon arrival you are greeted with a glass of champagne. loved it. very well educated staff.
You see they are professionals. They wanted to talk english but since I speak fluently spanish no problem :) I had a suite overlooking the gorgeous blue lit fountain and beautiful paseo de la reforma (avenue:) . I could even see chapultepec castle.
I loved their King Cole bar with their sound selection of international and mexican (try the white ones) wines. very pricey but well worth it. the grill and the other restaurants were outstandiing.
the rooms as you would expect, modern, pretty, very comfortable. loved the lcd with 70 or more programmes (i dont watch tv too much,especially not in mexico).
I loved their clean , modern,contemporary style.
as you can see...sometimes even I CAN'T COMPLAIN:)
best hotel in mexico .... so far
enjoy

Room Tip: try to get a suite....what difference does it make either to spend 400 or 700 us ? ask for chapulte...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank adrianmiami
Dear Adrian,

We are delighted reading a review from a traveling connoisseur as you, someone who is not afraid of discovering the most authentic places, or staying at a beautiful urban resort. I am extremely happy to know that you loved The St. Regis Mexico City, because we correspond it, loving to serve, to surprise, to seduce every sense of our guests.
I hope to meet you sometime and enjoy the view of the terrace while the jazz band plays your requests,

Best Regards
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in the most comfortable bed ever with impeccable service from the moment you enter. Centrally located in a safe and posh area, doesn't quite feel like the Mexico you have in your mind, but wherever you are, it doesn't matter with this stay. All amenities are gorgeous, from gym to pool to King Cole bar. Top hatted bellman are a little silly upon entering, but support the fantasy they want to create for you. Only complaint, where's the Mexican food?! Yeah, we still want to be in Mexico that why we're there! Thanks for a great stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank chichinyc
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment, we are thrilled knowing about your experience. We are delighted to know you had a comfortable, impeccable and fantastic stay. We will be waiting for your next visit to sublime your senses with delicious and authentic tacos made by our chefs, just as they would prepare them for their own family, along with guacamole, blue corn tortillas, a homemade soup and a refreshing margarita, not forgetting a dessert that will make you feel like a Mexican child enjoying for the first time the sweet essence of this country.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Excellent location, outstanding service, and beautifully appointed rooms. The beds were super comfortable, great water pressure/ shower, and very quiet. Sadly, the only drawback for us was their restaurant. The restaurant itself is beautiful - both the outdoor seating and inside. Upon arrival, we had lunch on the terrace and everything was cold - not even warm. My side dishes came when I was done with our meal and they were cold - those I sent back because who likes cold beans? The service was not would I would expect from the St Regis - needless to say, we ate the rest of our meals out. I would stay again, but with the food being average for the price (very expensive for Mexico City), we'll eat elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Bernard d, General Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are terribly sorry about this experience with your food being cold on Diana’s terrace. Please be confident I spoke personally with Guy Santoro, Executive Chef and Javier Perezrubio, Food and Beverage Director, to ensure we resolve this using a cloche, especially when is windy on our terrace. I have also asked Javier to look at our service procedures to assure your next visit is perfect. We are sure that Diana and J&G Grill are great examples of Mexico’s gastronomic heritage.

Please accept my sincerest apologies,

Warmest,
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The St Regis is a wonderful hotel and actually is the first time I've stayed at one. Before our arrival I had issues getting in touch with a local tour company so decided to use the concierge services. Arturo was most helpful and friendly. He and team worked hard to get the information and notify me every step of the way. A delight! The hotel rooms are huge and beautifully appointed in rich woods, purple and beiges. We had a nice sitting area. The bathroom and shower area were huge. Another plus is the high ceilings so the room feels absolutely luxurious in addition to floor to ceiling windows. Remede bath products top it all off. The pool and workout facilities are small but nicely appointed with great views of the city. I wish I could live here and was sad to leave. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 88MM88
Bernard d, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am enchanted reading your warm review, specially when you say “Wish I could live here” which epitomize what we want to do for you with our service. I have passed your comments to Arturo (who is delighted with your words), he is the right person to advise about the city trends, he is a devoted and friendly concierge, who loves his job.

I am happy to know you loved our facilities, the breathtaking view of our pool and Remède top amenities. We wish you could live here too!
We cannot wait to see you again, I will be looking forward to meeting you personally.

Warmest regards,
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to have a week's stay at the St. Regis in an Executive Suite, one of the finest places we have ever visited. The location is excellent, on the Paseo de la Refoma, the best area of the city, and just a few blocks from the wonderful Chapultepec Park. The staff is the most eager and energetic we have ever seen. A minor problem is complex routes to elevators, requiring at least two or more separate elevators. However, when we got lost when we entered the hotel, a staff member saw our confusion, chatted with us, walked us the first elevator for us to take, remained with us and led us to the second elevators to be sure we had the right route. The restaurant, the Diana, is one of the best in the city. Our room, over 600 square feet, was truly comfortable. The large bathroom has a separate shower room, with your choice of a hand spray or 10' high rain shower, plus a sauna in the shower room. We did not have coffee or ice in the room; instead, one just presses the "Butler" button on the phone and ask for what you want to be brought quickly. We've been to other fine hotels; this is unquestionable one of the very best we've seen in other great cities.

Room Tip: There is construction across the street of one corner; ask for a different one.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Dunsmurian
Bernard d, Director General at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Dear Dunsmurian,

Thank you so much for your generous comment. We are thrilled with your review, as it is very rewarding for the team.

For The St. Regis Mexico City, it has always been a pleasure to provide a seamless experience, delivered from the heart, yet we are extremely lucky to have an incredible team which purpose is to delight and anticipate our guests potential needs.

We have read your comment with attention regarding the elevators, and we will be working with Arturo Ortiz, Head Concierge, and Javier Mayo, Security Director, to ensure the team is more proactive explaining arrival process to the hotel and then to the privacy of your room.

We will be looking forward to your next visit and celebrate your return to this magical city. I will be glad to welcome you personally,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a beautiful new hotel, with an extraodinary design and located in an unbeatable part of Mexico City. The rooms are gorgeous and well-appointed, of course, but what really makes the hotel incredible is the lengths the team will go to in order to make each stay as great as possible. They met our various request for assistance with enthusiasm, and really went above and beyond to ensure everything was just right. From the butler service, to a late checkout (accommodating our flight schedule), they came through every time. The views from our room were stunning, and the brunch buffet in Diana restaurant was among the best I've ever had.

It is certainly expensive by Mexico City standards, but if you're in the mood for a wonderful stay and willing to splurge on it, go for it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Fraser S
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know you had a wonderful stay, enjoying our premiere address in Reforma Avenue. Our commitment is to deliver an uncompromised service and our touchstone to perform it with enthusiasm. We will be glad welcoming you back, always assisting you in every request.