This is one of the best hotels I've been to. Room, facilities, services, everything basically. Attention to detail from the beautiful flowers to the all the staff knowing your name. That means it's excellent, really. However, because I stayed there for over 2 months and in multiple rooms I can say the following that could serve as feedback to the hotel staff (though I wouldnt say it would ruin anyone's stay):
1. The breakfast area is usually full, so if you are a business traveller like me it means you'll rather grab a coffee at Starbucks instead of waiting 10 min just to be seated
2. The breakfast area (again) offers very little on the buffet, you need to order any hot items, even a toast. So, again, as a business traveller I usually don't even bother the wait
3. The shower pressure varies significantly from room to room. Some are amazing, others, usually on the upper levels, pretty much suck
4. There is a great terrace outside the lobby, but the few times I was there I had to leave in 30 min for any other event they would host there
5. Depending on the side you stay, you will be waked at 7am by angry mexicans honking endlessly at the longest traffic light in Reforma.
6. This final point is really not the hotel's responsibility at all, but many times there is a govt event happening right outside the hotel on sunday. It is loud (really loud) and it starts at 6am and goes all the way in the afternoon. I was so traumatized I chose to stay at condesa on other weekends after this. So for these final points, I dont understand why arent the windows more sound-protective. Grand hyatt does a great job at that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The St. Regis Mexico City is located at Paseo de la Reforma, a key financial and business district as well as a center for social life in the Mexican capital. The hotel enjoys a strategic location in front of the Glorieta de la Diana Cazadora, a meeting point between the Bosque de Chapultepec museums, Polanco business district and the Centro Histórico. The airport is a mere 45 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The St. Regis Mexico City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Mexico City Hotel Mexico City