“Exquisite, the best!”

Ranked #6 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Santa Ana, California, United States
“Exquisite, the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I cant find one negative thing to say, it was what I expected and much more. The only down about my stay is that there was a Redbull convention and when I was checking in the lobby was packed by these convention people that seemed very arrogant and rude, but no fault of the hotel. I haven't had chance to contact the hotel since my stay as I was blown away with a pastry they had in my sitting area of the room I cant even describe it but, I would like to know what it was. Thank you St Regis Mexico I look forward to my next trip to Mexico I felt super safe and fell in love with your service and hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Nava G,

First of all we greatly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and services. We are exceptionally glad to know that your stay exceeded your expectations and that we were able to deliver a bespoke service experience. Please do not hesitate in contacting our Guest Recognition Manager, Pilar Carreon at: pilar.carreon@stregis.com regarding any questions you have from your stay.

We look forward to receiving you soon in the near future.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Definitely the best option when visiting mexico city..
Since you walk in the doors it smells like a spa.. And the rest of the experience is just like one. Big rooms, spacious bathroom/vanity area, great view! There's a very nice terrace in the bar with excellent strawberry mojitos!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Carlos F, Commuity Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very glad we could seduce your senses through small details like our tea bouquet, our breathtaking views, or a delicious drink at the bar.

We will be honored welcoming you back soon,

Kindest Regards,
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

A good quality hotel that probably deserves it's top ranking in this city. Front desk & most staff very professional. Quality rooms, modern decor & very clean. Main breakfast restaurant lacked a comprehensive selection compared to other hotels in its class however was acceptable. Despite the very comfortable stay the only blemish seems to over-shadow the quality of this hotel. I dined one night with a number of colleagues in one of the hotel restaurants, J&G grill & whilst the food was fantastic the wine service questionable. In requesting a recommendation from the wine waiter for a local wine we were guided to a particular wine although not directed to it's pricing on the extensive wine list, trusting (as reckless as this sounds) that it would not be disproportionate to most other wines. In tasting the wine (entire table of guests) it was concluded as nothing spectacular however we wanted to keep an open mind in sampling local product. When the bill came it reflected what ended up being one of the most expensive wines on the wine list & certainly not worth a fraction in our view of what we paid. We addressed it with wine waiter who was quite dismissive & unfortunately we did not take it much further to avoid putting a damper on a good meal & company. When dining there again a couple of nights later I curiously asked a different wine waiter to recommend a wine & he directed me without haste to the same winery for a variety of their wines from again an extensive selection, although to be fair this time pointing out the pricing in wine list. I do not believe it is any coincidence & it does raise questions as to what was driving such recommendations by both wine waiters & whether this is appropriate for a hotel of this class. I conveyed my concerns in a subsequent hotel survey but the response was almost text-book & did not really appease the situation. Unfortunate experience for what is a quality hotel in Mexico City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your comments about your last stay. We are pleased to know that the hotel succeeded in delivering an extraordinary stay. We are sorry to hear that your dining experience at J&G Grill was not totally satisfactory. We would like to assure you that our wine selection is hand-selected and we look to bring to our restaurants the highest quality in wines. We apologize that the wine selected during your dinner was not a bespoke selection, we will make sure each option is perfectly paired during each visit to our restaurants. I hope we may welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel around 10 times while traveling for work to Mexico City. The hotel was perfect. The location and views were great. The room was excellent. You had your own personal butler. The best part of the stay was the waterfall shower..it was simply awesome. The pressure was perfect which made the bath really refreshing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Carlos F, Community Manager at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is an honor to know you are already a St. Regis connoisseur, we are pleased to have conquered your senses. Please allow us to keep indulging you during each stay.

Best Regards,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I normally stayed at the Four Seasons and I am happy I picked the new St Regis Mexico City. I love the tower and residential feel. The lobby is well above the street and you are greeted by champagne and a butler in your room. The workout facility and pool were very nice and the concierge was able to take care of my every last minute need. The rooms were small but well appointed and nice bathroom product. Location was good and safe.

Room Tip: WHen booking with a family, book an adjoining room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Peter G,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. It is with great pleasure that we learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and special amenities we offer. Our associates are dedicated to offering you and all of our guests a memorable stay at our property.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Beautiful, modern and excellent service. When visiting DF I usually stay on the other end of the park, Polanco area but this time decided to try the St Regis. Oh, I am so glad I did.
Stayed for 2 nights this past weekend and will do so again.
Service upon check-in was excellent and also a nice glass of sparkling wine was offered. Escorted to our room and explained how to use everything. A room on the 9th floor with king bed and sitting area, bigger than my first apartment. Floor to ceiling windows, desk, large sofa with leather ottoman and the bathroom was wonderful. I especially loved the rain shower and 2 sinks. The bed was so comfortable, I could have stayed in it all day.
There is also a "butler" at your service for every room, whatever you may need.
Breakfast buffet was included, fresh fruit/yogurt/bread and cold cuts very good.
We also ate at J&G restaurant which was good, the avocado pizza. I also opted for the crusted cod which was great.
There is a state of the art gym which overlooks the city and a beautiful pool. Also pilates & yoga classes or personal trainers. The spa was very good, massage and facial :).
The location is along Reforma which you can walk to many areas including the museums or ride your bike on Sundays (no cars).
I rate the St Regis 4.9/5.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet but opt for a higher floor. Use the gym and pool they are beautiful. All rooms...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My family and I stayed at the St. Regis for 10 days, and had an amazing experience. It is 5 star luxury at its best. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed with our dog (yorkie) and everyone was very accomodating and attentive to all our needs. We were always greeted with a smile, the cleanliness of the hotel is impeccable, and we loved the coffee and tea service provided by your very own butler. The location is perfect to manuever the large city, and you have fantastic restaurants within walking distance. The pool is large and has amazing views of Reforma. Great stay, will not stay anywhere else when I visit Mexico City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank derrickrgrs
Chantal G, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Derrickrgrs,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments. It is an honour to know you were able to make our hotel your home for ten days with your family and dog. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the panoramic views of the city from the hotel and also found the central location convenient.

We hope to welcome you and your family again in the very near future.

Best Regards,