“The most incredible hotel experience- ever!”

The St. Regis Mexico City
Ranked #7 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I travel all over the world, staying in the best of the best hotels and resorts. The worst part about the St. Regis Mexico City is having to leave! After 6 days and nights traveling for work I normally cannot wait to get home. This week I am sad that I am leaving this incredible hotel because I will miss the genuine service I have received and the incredible accommodations. The entire staff in the bar and restaurant were the best in the world. They were quick, attentive, welcoming and provided 5 star service. They are proud of their hotel and their city and happy to assist in anyway possible. Waking up to my Butler delivering coffee in the morning is something I could get used to! It was the best way to start my day of work. The gym is state of the art and never felt crowded even when there were many people working out. Hopefully the next time I am here I will be able to use the spa.

I attended a banquet event and the room and food were breathtaking. I have never seen such a beautiful display. Jonathan and his fellow servers in the banquet delivered exceptional service. I wish I knew everyone's names so I could include them!

Be sure to stay on a Wednesday night so you can experience the champagne ritual! I hope to return soon for leisure and I know I will be back for business!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank eliz933
There are newer reviews for The St. Regis Mexico City

Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed in the St Regis due to a business convention, therefore we spent almost the whole week never leaving the hotel but for going out for dinner at night.
The service was absolutely amazing! You could barely ask for something and in 2 minutes or less you had it with you. They didn't have irons in the rooms so they took your clothes and brought them back ironed, I loved that since I hate ironing!
The room was really nice, although I never understoon the purpose of the TV in the bathroom mirror...that was kind of pointless for me.
Overall the food was very good but they didn't have salsa verde, so when I asked for some they brought a freshly made pot that was absolutely amazing!!! The buffet was also packed with a lot options so that was good too.
I also went to the spa to get my hair done and the service was great too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I travel extensively and can honestly say this is one of the top. In Mexico City I have stayed in very good properties but given the newness and impeccable service, this is it!

Starting with the Doorman, concierge and the reception personnel, everyone is there to make your stay memorable. Butler service is customary but if you Marie, Haydee or Victoria take care of you, you’ll want to stay forever; their complimentary coffee and tea service along with the delicious cookies will get you hooked. They all have a can do attitude and we all appreciated that.

I have never had a great shower like they have – feels like a waterfall, the beds are heavenly and the amenities are high quality. Room illumination is superb.

Eat at the restaurant one night, found the service good but sluggish. Quality of the food was very good.

If you can stay at the St. Regis, I warn you, you will be hooked!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the St Regis Mexico City. The hotel is luxe, modern, beautiful. Outstanding rooms, ultra modern, if small, lobby. Every high tech device you can imagine is available. The hotel is located right at the Diana Circle, on Reforma with terrific views from all rooms, the lobby, the bar area and the spa/pool.

The entrance area, where you arrive off of Reforma, is stark and, frankly, relatively unwelcoming. Yes, you pass through it for just a few seconds on your way to the elevator to get to the real lobby, and yes this is an issue for most all hotels where the "real" lobby is not street level and, yet, the one here is open, stark, white marble with just a couple of couches. The porters leave the doors open and, thus, if you need to sit down there for a couple of minutes the area gets cold. When we closed the large glass door, a minute later another porter opened it again. I surmise that is to give a "welcoming" feel.

The main lobby is also very modern, low slung couches, large windows. Pretty. During our days at the hotel we rarely saw more than one or two people seated there. The rest of the lobby area is not very large, smallish area for check in and the concierge's desk a few feet away. The Diana restaurant, where meals are served is also off the lobby. The room is very nicely done, high ceiling, spacious, service was good. There is also a King Cole Bar, as is found in all St Regis hotels worldwide. Its a pretty room and had patrons in the evening, locals along with some hotel guests.

Rooms are reached through high tech elevators. We had a superior room(s). They were large, well done, luxe. An incredibly comfortable bed. Comfy couch, large windows with views from a high floor, well stocked bathroom. Small bottles of water are left for guests, more are available if asked for. Housekeeping was good.

The bathroom for the room with a king bed was open, such that even the toilet was not separated from the shower or sink areas, no door, nothing. We thought that quite odd. Perhaps we simply aren't that modern. In contrast, the toilet in the room with two beds did have its own door. The shower area is nicely done; we thought it confusing. Three handles to control the water and hot/cold functions, none labeled. Nice small TV placed in the mirror over the sink. Even the hallways are luxe and well done. The phone system is also very high tech, you can do most anything with, including calling the butler, which each room receives.

The concierge service was generally good. Cesar was excellent. World class. Others, unfortunately, were not as knowledgeable, though trying hard to assist.

Our check in and check out experiences were not great. Check in in the evening took nearly 20 minutes. There were a few people checking in at the same time. But after a long day and watching dozens of keys pushed for our check in, the wait became comical. Check out was slightly better. At least ten minutes, with a few errors on the bill. Removing those took much time and the intervention of another person to assist the person checking us out. On the very upside, champagne is offered to guests on check in.

On the service front we had mix ups on room orders and, in particular, for our requests for taxis for dinner. On three occasions when I asked for a sitio taxi to be called we arrived downstairs to find the hotel SUV awaiting us. Three times. The hotel car service is about three times the price of a sitio cab, with which we feel completely familiar and comfortable. Every taxi driver we had in Mexico City could not be more friendly. The third time this happened I tried to call the hotel manager to discuss what was now ridiculous. After five minutes on hold he could not be "located." He never called me later that evening or the next day. The entire experience was unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber. Frankly, we felt the fools for actually declining the hotel's car service. If this were to happen in front of a client, at this business oriented hotel, it would be incredibly embarrassing. In turn, that same hotel car service which we used for a taxi back to the airport early one morning worked well.

The spa area is very well done, empty most of the time. Excellent new equipment. Great views. Nice indoor pool, with the same great views. Two smallish hot tubs. On two occasions they were both set at boiling, or near boiling. No one could put even their foot in the tub for more than a second or two. There was no temperature gauge to regulate.

The charge for internet service is 240 pesos, per computer. No exceptions, apparently. I asked. Thus, with a couple of computers in a couple or rooms the charge adds up fast. Frankly, we thought that charge was completely out of line. In this day and age internet service is akin to air conditioning and heat, which aren't charged for either. If they want to charge for internet service add it to the room rate.

Most employees were welcoming, and obviously seemed interested in their guests having a good experience. The hotel is still relatively new and no doubt some of these issues will resolve over time.

We also stopped by the Four Seasons one day, where we had stayed on prior trips. It is a very different feel, old world. More open, easy going. Great courtyard. Though the rooms are certainly not up to what the St Regis offers and the St Regis likely sets the luxury standard in the city as of now. Though we understand a Ritz Carlton also is being built nearby.

Location wise if you are focused on dining or walking a bit, in truth a location in Condesa or Polanco might be better. Traffic in DF is very frustrating.

We love the city and will return.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank tengohambre2
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Our flight arrived in the morning and we came to the hotel to drop off our bags and check in. We were told that, since check in time is 3 pm, we would have to pay for an extra night if we wanted access before then. In other words, even though our room was available, they wanted us to pay rack rate (rooms available online for half that price currently) for an extra 3 hours in the room.

Even Motel 6 let's you use your room when you check in, because it doesn't cost the hotel anything additional to provide. We won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank worldtraveller9400
gabriela_st_regis, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at The St. Regis Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

We appreciate your comment and we will take it into consideration. Unfortunately, some days, due to high occupancy it is difficult for us to grant an early check-in to our guests.
On your next visit to Mexico City please do not hesitate in contacting me, so that we can give you personal assistance.

Gabriela Neuenschwander
Gabriela.neuenschwander@stregis.com

Reviewed February 27, 2011

Been to the nicest hotels in the nicest cities. Never seen anything like this one. You need to do the full experience. They picked us up at the airport in a Chrysler 300, beautiful car with tinted windows. Our friends were going to a different hotel in a standard taxi. Texting us that we're snobs. We invited them to join, so it's not our problem.
We get to the hotel. Everyone knows our name. Running to take our stuff. They bring us up to the 3rd floor for check-in. I like the disconnect from the street. You feel safer and more on vacation. We took the overnight flight from JFK arriving this morning, so we are tired. We got a room upgrade thanks to SPG and were whisked up to our room. Everything is high-tech here. The elevator works on the room key, and you choose your floor from outside. The telephone is a digital computer apparatus that controls the lights and everything else.
Our butler stopped in to introduce herself.

We went down for a delicious breakfast that cost us $22 or so total. The rooms are absolutely perfect. Every attention to details. A gazillion outlets 110V. Very modern yet very cozy. Wife went to sleep. I'm going to the spa, which I'm told is just as spectacular.....

To that one fellow who wrote an "average" review, I say "take a Midol! Lol

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed for 4 nights and the hotel amazed me every day. Everyone most professional and friendly. Their legendary butler service is a treat. I got different room amenity every day. Great restaurant. Gym is on the 15th floor, overlooking the whole D.F. Water in pool is too warm for a good swim, but thats the only 'negative' thing I have to say. I would and will recommend this hotel to everyone.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business