“Great location!” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hostel Inn Zona Rosa
“Great location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

They put me in a room right across from the lobby. The window faced the lobby as well. The room was tiny. I asked the girl to move me to another room even if it cost more. When I heard the price ($40 dollars) for a private I considered moving out the next day. I was by myself so the price was a bit much for me. The room can easily fit 3 people. When I walked around I realized I was in the best area so decided to just suck it up.

The staff was very friendly though not too knowledgable about the area. Her English was excellent. They were doing construction in the building and by the entrance so the bar was closed.

Though I didn't have a horrific experience, I would try something else. Just make sure to stay near Zona Rosa which is near the Embassy, Chapultepec, and the ancient city (this is where the historic sites are). That is if your trip will be short in DF and you want to make the most of it.

If you do stay here, walk to El Angel de la Indepencia and you will find a tourist info booth there. They will provide you a tourist map. Don't fall on the trap! They will offer tours for astronomical prices in comparison to actual cost. I was offer a package to the pyramids for about $90-120 dollars. I actually spent about $10 on my own by taking public transportation. Thats including food. They will also try to convince you not to take the bus because its too long of a ride and all the nonsense. It's about 1hr ride and the bus drops you off right by the entrance.

I was shock at how little $ I spent in DF with the amount of things I got done. Do your research.

For breakfast I recommend Cantina restaurant on Amberes 77. The food is delicious and cheap.

I recommend you go to the ancient city first. The amount of sites is truly overwhelming. This is coming from someone who was raised in NY. A lot of the sites are by the Zocalo.

Second day go to the Pyramids in Teotihuacan. It's truly a unique experience. I went early to make time for the Frida Kahlo museum. It was hike but worth it.

Third day go to Chapultepec. It's about 20 minutes walk from Zona Rosa. There's a ton of things to do there. The infamous Anthropology museum is around Chapultepec.

• Stayed July 2013

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The place is really good located... Close to the embassies, restaurants & transportation... with a good price.. Nevertheless, the cleaning is terrible. I found a brush & bottles of soda under the bed from the previous occupants. The second time, I found a used condom in the side table... The owners have a dog, that stays in the lobby & barks all day long.... and the last... the people taking care of the place stayed watching TV with the loudest volume until 2 am??? when it's a small house and it keeps you awake. It's a good place, but there are some details that need to be polished.. .especially the cleanness

Room Tip: if you request a single room take the one in the upper floors
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
#51 of 193 in Mexico City
Suites Berna Doce
Suites Berna Doce
#111 of 193 in Mexico City

Been to Hostel Inn Zona Rosa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hostel Inn Zona Rosa

Property: Hostel Inn Zona Rosa
Address: Hamburgo, 153 int. 3 | Zona Rosa, Mexico City 6600, Mexico (Formerly Hostelling International Zona Rosa)
Location: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Mexico City > Reforma / Zona Rosa
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Wheelchair access
Ranked #58 of 193 Specialty Lodging in Mexico City
Small, cosy Hostel with all the services needed, perfectly well located in the turistc, and financial area of Mexico City You can find private ensuite rooms, or the common hostel dormitories with 6 beds Safe*Clean*Friendly & Cheap! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hostel Inn Zona Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hostel Inn Zona Rosa Mexico City