“Terrific”

Ranked #55 of 151 Mexico City B&B and Inns
bittern
“Terrific”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Enjoyed a four day stay here. Jose the owner was helpful prior to our arrival and during. Easy metro trip into the it's and lots of restaurants nearby. Delicious breakfasts and very comfortable beds. Pretty garden setting

Room Tip: The front room is lovely.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bitterntraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas and the innkeeper was not on site to help us nor to make our stay memorable. I had inquired several times before arrival about changing to a better room as we booked the last one available which was the more basic room, although very nice and comfortable but small. I was told the place was fully booked but while we were there, only one couple arrived so the place was soul less and managed by the maid/house keeper who was inexperienced and breakfast was awkward. To pay our bill, I had to speak to the innkeeper by telephone and leave my card details as our plans did not meet with his visiting times to the property. Had we known the place was going to be all but empty and without a host we would not have stayed here over Christmas. A disappointing and depressing stay over Christmas. If you're staying here, take the telephone number to give to your taxi driver and no one knows where it is.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carlitas
Victoria BC
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This B&B is located in the historic Santa Catarina neighbourhood of Coyoacan, within walking distance of an impressive range of tourist, cultural and commercial resources. The Jesús Reyes Heroles Cultural Center is around the corner, as is the historic Santa Catarina Chapel. Not far off is the Coyoacan village center, with its colonial buildings and vibrant street life.

The B&B is a green, quiet oasis behind high solid walls. We stayed in the Cabina, a well-sized standalone unit containing Mexican furniture and fixtures. It and the other units overlook the patio garden.

We had a range of breakfast options that we could enjoy at an agreed to time. We had yogurt and granola, but more substantial Mexican breakfasts are also available. The fresh fruit was excellent.

The neighborhood is safe, including after dark, and the units are well priced. My only concerns are that the B&B is difficult to find – make sure your taxi driver has exact directions. Also, on our second day we were unable to locate staff onsite, although one is supposed to be available for check-in and check-out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VicVisitor
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am sure with all the good reviews, there is a nice place to stay, but I had made reservation for December and was obligated to canceled it for reason not under my control, when I made the reservation trhe same day my credit card was charged half of the week cost, but when I cancelled it it's going to take two to three weeks to get my money back, in the mintime I'm paying interest for this money that it is seating in somebody's bank account, which it's not fair at all. Regardless of me writing direct to the Owner and to Booking.com I have not get my refund yet two has pass.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Alicia C
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I 100% agree with all previous posts, this place is simply breathtaking. Wonderful, quiet, beautiful, great service, great breakfast, amazing location, quaint. I will recommend that anyone who visits DF (mexico city) stay in this bed and breakfast. My only regret is that we did not stay here longer. The beds are super comfortable and if an adult family is traveling together or several couples, this is the place to stay to have community but to also have privacy. I cant say enough and of course, Coyoacan remains my favorite part of DF. Thanks so much!

Room Tip: The large room with two beds provides extra privacy and space. I would recommend for couples. You wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We visited this charming B&B and found peace and tranquility whcih is highly unusual in the frantic pace of Mexico city, the rooms are well apointed, the lady who looks after you is very attentive and a great cook, the breakfast mexican plate changes every day or you can have normal favourites.
The garden is very thougthfully laid out and has made the most of its size, the owner Jose Luis Garcia Reyes is extremly attentive.
The decoration is charming we stayed at La Cabana and it was SPECTACULAR with a glass frontage with so much foliage that there is complete privacy, it feels a little like a luxury Robinson Crusoe, the handpainted details in the bathroom, and washroom / luggage room both of whcih adjoined the sumptous 2 HUGE bed bedroom, were beautiful and an inspiration ! we also had easy wifi access, books to read, TV whcih we never needed as the beauty of the place was captivating. We stayed 5 days and WILL BE BACK ... look forward to it very much

Room Tip: La Cabana is REALLY worth it, with a shower room, a luggage room / washroom so a coupel can get read...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed at La Casita del Patio Verde for 3 nights and just loved it! We are used to stay at luxurious 4-5 stars hotels and we couldn't believed that we paid so little and received so much. We stayed in the Colibri room, which is the cheapest of the three rooms because the private bathroom is outside the room. The room is nicely decorated and the bed is comfortable. The place overall is so nice and quiet, perfect for relaxing. The most amazing thing though are the breakfasts, which are very generous and different everyday. Anna-Maria (the inn keeper) prepared them on request and provided a fantastic service throughout our stay. I will definitely always try to go back to this hotel everytime I'll be in Mexico city.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple