See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

Stayed a few days at the ywca and let s be clear it is really easy to find better options in Mexico City. The biggedt downside is that the hostel is located in a dark dodgyy street (many homeless and junkies around the corner) sleeping there at night. I heard them many nights shouting and fighting. In addition the rooms are really noisy, you can ear heavy traffic all night so don t forget you ear plugs. The atmosphere off the hostel is totally soulless. On the posittive side I will just mention that the toilets and showers were super clean all the time and that they have good sport facilities (swimming pool too expensive though)

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

YWCA is maybe the cheapest hostel in the whole D.F. I had used to much money and needed to save some, and I choose the cheapest, and you get what pay for and nothing else. No Wi-Fi and other things. You get the bed you payed for and that is it.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2015

This hostel is a perfect refuge in Mexico City. Safe, quiet and clean. Cheap too, as for the price you'd pay for a dorm bed in another hostel, you get your own private room. It's close to the Metro and walking distance to several museums and the Zocalo. Free wifi in the reception area.

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed December 1, 2014

I got off to a bad start: The website gave a price of 2850 pesos a month. When I signed in I was told that the price was actually 3750 a month, becaused the website had not been updated ("actualizado.") I was furious, signed in intending for a single night, but immediately fell in love with the place. Even at the revised higher price, it's a bargain. I can't understand the criticism here on TA I found it shiny clean, courtesy everywhere, security is great (you have to be buzzed in visits aren't allowed.)
Yes, the building looks more like a hospital than a hotel, utterly lacking in charm--but it's QUIET--quiet as a cemetery. Perfect for a grumpy old man like me.

Date of stay: November 2014
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The hostel is located about 15 blocks from the center, so about 15mn. The neighborhood is ok, nothing fancy but safe. The place is spread on 5 floors, the top one is for girls only. The rooms are very basic, including a bed and a table/chair. There is hot water sometimes and wifi from the lobby only.
They give you a towel and some poilet paper when you arrive. Bring your soap though.
June to Sep is the rainy season, you want to bring something to repel them. I personally bought a kill insect blue light (not sure the proper name), works great.
All in all it's all very basic, but you get what you pay for. On the good note, it's very calm, no drunks coming back at 2 am shooting next door, which is what I was looking for.

Room tip: I think they are pretty much the sames.Maybe the rooms on Humbolt would have less noise. I am on the noisy side I think and it's all fine.
Date of stay: June 2014