“bad service”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Cross street: Shiller & Lope de Vega
Reviewed January 10, 2013

we were a large group and 2 persons that ordered food didn't recived their food. when allplates arrived they started to preparethe 2 missing plates,that arrived when everybody had finished. food was ok.

1  Thank francisco m

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place is close to our office. The restaurant is within the Westin Hotel which was built on a protected ecological reserve through the use of bribery and corruption of local authorities. Having said that, the place is in a beautiful setting and the ambiance is very nice. But this contrasts with the service where the waiters have a "I'm doing you a favor attitude", and are constantly trying to push you into ordering the most expensive things on the menu. The food is ridiculously overpriced... 9 olives for 8 dollars!!! And its not even that good....I would never, ever come back to this place!

1  Thank Jpug70
Reviewed August 4, 2012

When we walked into the place, we thought it was promising. Its decor was casual, but high-end at the same time, and we saw fresh seafood lined up in front of the kitchen. We shared 3 appetitizers: 1) foie gras on mini toasts, which tastes more like pate, 2) Alaskan King Crab salad, which was quite refreshing, though the salad seasoning was a little too overpowering and 3) onion soup, which to me was average, but at least they were nice enough to split it into two bowls for us.

However, when it came to main course, the Coq Au Vin was I thought too large and unrefined for that type of setting. My seabass tasted like something I could get from a normal cafe, and the risotto that accompanied it (beats me, I didn't think it was a good combination) tasted like plastic, and was downright disgusting.

Dessert was slightly better. The creme bulee was ok, but I thought would have been nicer if it were warmer. The Ethiopian arabica espresso was not too bad.

However, overall, I find the dishes overpriced for the quality we received. I don't think I will ever step foot here again, though the saving grace is that they had a huge screen showing the Olympics.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The food was very good, the place is lovely, the decor is modern and cozy.
The service was very good. Its worth sitting in the back patio, the lighting is great.

Reviewed February 28, 2012