“Super deal! ” 5 of 5 stars

Hostel Home
México
“Super deal! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Hostel home is a great deal by the price, is excellent located very near of Reforma avenue, near to the bus and La Roma neighbour where you will find great restaurants and bars. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities are good according to the cost. Beds are clean and comfortable, and the hostel is safe. You will meet a lot of people. Enjoy it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Families
Business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Hostel Home has a great location, very close to good restaurants, the metro, and the bus. We were able to walk to many places around the city from here and could get to the further away destinations by public transit very easily. But the location is the hostel's best feature.
The accomodations were very basic. The bathrooms didn't feel clean and didn't have hooks. The kitchen also felt grimey and the free breakfast was white bread and jam or cornflakes. The common areas did not promote socialization or relaxation. Its a fine place to crash at the end of the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow. I showed up at the hostel on a Thursday afternoon upon my return from Puebla. I did not have a reservation. I was let in by the female receptionist and went up the stairs to the desk. She was friendly. I asked I they had beds available and she said yes, then explained the options to me and the prices. Then she asked to see my passport. When I pulled out my USA passport her manner immediately changed. She started asking me bizarre questions like 'why is your backpack so small?' I said, 'um...I travel light?' After a series of suspicious questions she asked me to wait in the lounge area. A few minutes later a guy shows up (I learn later that this is 'Angel'--her brother), and he asks me to come outside. At this point, I have no idea what's going on.
When I'm outside they tell me I'm not welcome to stay at the hostel...and when I ask why the woman say that thu are full. Then it got weird. It was the most bizarre experience I have ever had at any establishment, anywhere, ever. And I've stayed at some weird hostels. When I ask if they aren't letting me stay because I'm American they get really defensive and then start claiming that I was showing them a fake passport, etc. This is a weird story. It's true. Americans are not welcome at this hostel. Especially 29 year old men without giant backpacks. Um..yeah. True story.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank RidinDirti
HostelHome303, Owner at Hostel Home, responded to this review, April 9, 2015
Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear this was your experience at Hostel Home. We wanted to let you know the hostel is now under new ownership and of course we welcome Americans...in fact we have several Americans our staff. Should you return to Mexico City, let us know and your stay at Hostel Home is on us!
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Col. Roma has cool restaurants, bars, boutiques and nightlife. This hostel puts you in the heart of it. As for the hostel itself, it's friendly, well-equipped, and well-run. The owner is a DJ and he always had invitations or was taking guests out somewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hostel is so well placed, in the center of the city and you have walking distance places to many restaurants and bars of all kinds. The hostel has comfortable installations, really a good, nice, clean, confortable place to stay for a good price and great atmosphere....... the staff invites you to the good gigs happening in the city & recommends alot of cultural events around the city ..... I really recommend this hostel...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was my third time staying at Hostel Home in DF. I love the neighborhood and all that it has to offer (restaurants, bars, close to the metro, etc.), but I especially love coming home to this place and feeling like one of the locals. The staff is awesome. I've gotten to know some of them and they've taken me out to shows and dinner/drinks. I will say that Hostel Home is not for everyone. It is not the backpacker hostel located in the Zocalo for the college travelers. It's not the super party hostel either. It is, however, a calm oasis in Roma/Condesa for those that want to get to know that area. I've met some really awesome people here in my stays that make this place standout. Love love love.
I will return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

me in my friend stayed there last March, the hostel is small, minimalist, hipster, chill, friendly, and well located hostel, near supermarkets, banks, subway, safe area. good bed.
The rooms are ok, great sunny living room to meet travelers, there is wifi and a computer. The kitchen is ok but it can be better. The staff friendly

This was the first hostel in that area long time ago, i asked and the the hostel has new staff after the last case of bad employee working in the hostel.
I highly recommend the hostel for first timers to mexico city since its less crowded area than downtown area hostels. You can move alone and night to around for bars, concerts, theathers, restaurants, the youth in that area more international and local globalized mexicans.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo