“Excellent location at a good price”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico
Ranked #19 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent location at a good price”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Excellent central location - near the Zocalo and metro stations. Very good security. Good variety breakfast in with the room price. The interior has a very striking atrium. The only downside is that some rooms are situated on balcony walkways overlooking the atrium. They are quite small and as a result the size and the lack of an outside window makes them little claustrophobic.

Room Tip: I would choose an external room - not a balcony atrium one.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Walnut, California
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel is what you'd expect from a 3-star hotel, nothing great, nothing bad. Their complimentary breakfast changes up every day and I like that, even though the food and selection isn't that great. The location is very convenient with two restaurants attached to them, and just walks away from the historical center. Now here comes the cons about the hotel, the staff is terrible. I came on a business trip with two other associates of mine. I look very young compared to them, and I booked separately. My associates both got rooms on the 2nd floor with a window overlooking outside. What did I get? A room on the 1st floor where the window overlooked the hallway of rooms 107-114 (or something like that). What's worse is that my room was so close to the lobby where breakfast is served that I was woken up every morning around 6:30am from people chattering and having breakfast. That's fine, I'm only staying here for 3 days only, but what's worse is that when I was checking out, the guy in front wanted to charge me for my stay. I explained to him I already prepaid via a travel site, and he denied it. I got pissed and told him to check again, and after he did he said he'll refund me the additional $330+ he charged on me and said "oh, we were supposed to charge the travel site, not you". Yeah... I know and that's what I told you. Overall, it's a convenient hotel but the staff could have better training.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up with a window overlooking the outside instead of the hallways of your room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is by far the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed. The hotel has a great location in the central historic district, only two blocks from the main square. The interior of the building has been beautifully restored. The rooms are spotless, quiet, great beds, friendly helpful staff, a very good breakfast including fresh fruit; all at an extremely good price. This is a hotel the Hilton group should use as an example for all of the Hampton Inns to strive.

A fantastic stay.

Room Tip: A high floor overlooking the street
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ugaworldtraveler
Isabela, Puerto Rico
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I am a big fan of Hilton properties. But this H.I. in the Central Historico was unbelievable! Excellent location to the center of town, excellent staff. Our room accommodations were great, even though our stay was a "bookend" visit (1 night before & after our week flight/stay near Huatulco), and using Hilton Honors points. The lobby tile & wrought iron is gorgeous, and the outdoor terrazzo allows a city scape and fresh air with nice furnishings. Very comfortable, excellent service for taxis and bellmen, which can be a hassle on a city street. Would suggest this for anyone visiting Mexico City for a good rate for a great location, and excellent service. Lots of non-Mexicans staying here, as the word is obviously out on the great deal. Would return to this hotel in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Our room on the 6th floor was near the Terrazzo which my husband enjoyed. But our room on the interi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank beachcomber1313
NZ
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in April. The room was very clean and well equipped. We had a window to the outside but it was still quite dark inside. We were in room 301 which was overlooking the atrium right by the elevator. The room was quite noisy from the lobby and breakfast area in the morning but from the sounds of it, that is better than an room overlooking the street which may have a lot of traffic noise. It didn't bother us too much, I just wore earplugs and if you're a heavy sleeper you probably wouldn't even notice.

The hotel is really well situated and we felt very safe in the area. There are several metro stations close by which make getting around super easy.

Staff were great, particularly the concierges who helped us out a lot and would never accept our tips. Thanks!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TVRNz
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been in this hotel so many times at I am never disapointed. Very good value for the money, perfect location near the Zocalo, good service and a wonderful breakfast makes this hotel one of my favorites. The rooms are nice, clean and everything works fine. The sieze of the rooms and bathrooms are good and you feel very much like home. My best recommendations.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 8 days and loved it. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. The location was perfect. The room was very clean. The complimentary breakfast was always good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank STB3288
Hilton Mexico City Reforma
#17 of 309 in Mexico City
Reforma / Zona Rosa
NH Collection Mexico City Reforma

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mexico City - Centro Historico? Share your experiences!