“Wonderful Break from Mexican Food!”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe - CLOSED

Hard Rock Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Hard Rock last night. What a beautiful establishment and wonderful staff. We are Americans living in Mexico City for a year and wanted some American fare. Pricey so be prepared - we have been to several and they are all pricey.

Wonderful Sangria, triple combo, Classic Rock Wings, Legendary Burger and Pulled Pork Sandwich ~ All were wonderful!

If you get a taxi from the Sitio out front negotiate the price. They will try and charge you exorbitant amount. I prefer street taxi's but some think they are too risky!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had been eating Mexican food for a few days and although we enjoyed that, we were looking for a change. We thought that an iconic American restaurant which is a part of a chain would give us decent standardized fare but were sadly mistaken. The service was slow and inattentive, the food was horrible and the margarita was diluted swill. On top of that, there was a man walking around dressed in pajamas and giving orders. Maybe the owner who thought that he was a rock star. I don't care about appearances but he added to the callousness of the staff.

There are several restaurants in the neighborhood and this restaurant is best avoided.

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

The service was friendly but slow, despite only a handful of diners being waited on. The food was undercooked, both my turkey burger and my partner's beef burger (he asked for medium but got rare), and it wasn't a cheap option compared to other restaurants in Mexico City. The diet coke wasn't chilled either.

On the plus side the building and interior is lovely, but the shop is almost non-existent!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went there on a saturday evening because we wanted a nice, juicy and tasty hamburger. We had to wait around 45 mins to get our meals at the table. When I first asked, one waiter started to discuss with me by saying because we had order meat and we wanted well done we must wait around 20 mins, didnt want to argue. Finally at tree quarters of an hour we received the worst hamburger Ive ever eatten in my life, the meat was dry, with no flavor and burned out. Then the manager came and then finally asked if we were pleased with our meals, so I said "well is good that you ask because the 40 mins before noone payed attention to our request" I pointed out it was burnt and started to argue with me also by saying "that that was the way he like it, that he will gladly eat one of it" Again I didnt want to discuss anymore. At the end when he noted I took a picture of the dish he decided not to charge me "the carbonized meat". If you look for a hamburger in Mexico City just ask for one at your hotel´s restaurant, you will get better service.

1  Thank Susanita_viajera
Reviewed July 28, 2012

By far the smallest HR Cafe I have ever been to, but what is unique is the building where it is located! We tried the nachos to share and it was huge(4 ppl shared it and we couldn't finish it) the BBQ pork burger another great choice so is their traditional burger. We were here for luch and it was pack....at night it gets a bit lauder and busier. So avoid evenings if you want to enjoy yourself...gift shop a bit small but don't miss buying their marichi teddy bear.