“5 Annual Visits, 0 Disappointments”

Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel
Ranked #22 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Fairfax, Virginia
“5 Annual Visits, 0 Disappointments”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I have visited Mexico City, an amazing place, each September for five years straight. I have had two two-week stays and three one-week stays at this hotel. I have had zero disappointments. On my latest stay I was through checkin and in my room in under 5 minutes. The rooms are not big but totally adequate with lovely furnishings. The bed and sleep quality is amazing. Closet space is well above average. The in room safe is convenient and I've never had an issue. And the bathroom, while not big, is truly luxurious. Cleanliness standard throughout the hotel is industry-leading. I had access to the Concierge Lounge which is huge, comfortable, and the staff is superior. Hotel security is excellent. Mexico City is massive. This location works great for me. I am a walker and I have walked from this property to the Zocalo, the other end of Polanco, and all over Condesa. I have seen negative reviews but have just not had any of that at this property. Obviously, I have no doubt where to stay on my next visit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest:

Allow us to thank you, for the time dedicated to share with us your recent experience at Mexico City Marriott Reforma: thank you very much for the motivating comments in regard to our rooms, check in and your positive observations on the security hotel service.

We are all proud of our different teams and will make sure to share your comment in the daily briefing.

We are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

It would be an honor continuing being your hosts in your future visits to Mexico City.

Cordially

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am a loyal Marriott customer who is a Lifetime Platinum with more than 2300 + paid room nights. I arrived at the hotel at 11:00 pm on my last trip. My stay was for three nights with a cost of about $250 USD per night. I was handed a credit card charge slip for the equivalent of $1200.00 charged in Mexican Pesos. When I questioned why there was an extra $500USD added to the room charge, I was told that was for any extras I might charge. I told them that amount as excessive for extras and that I didn't want my Visa card having a hold on an additional $500.00. After arguing about this, I told them I would NOT sign the voucher for the additional hold. I was given my key and when I got my room, I found one of the hotel staff busily taking everything that was in the room that could be consumed (free water, chocolate bars, coffee, etc) and cramming it into the minibar and then locking it. It was obvious they thought I might STEAL the chocolate bars since I refused to have an additional $500.00 hold put on my Credit Card. Remember I have 2300+ nights with Marriott!.
The next morning I asked for the General Manager's name. I was told that for security reasons they would not give this out. I asked for his phone number, again they couldn't give this to me. I finally asked that they have the GM call me in my room, which he never did. I am sorry, but this is no way to treat a loyal guest. Next time the Sheraton across the street will be my hotel of choice!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same size. Ask for a room with a view, otherwise all you will see is the building...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest:

First of all I really want to thank you for the time you have taken to share your experience through this media, all your comments and opinions are very important for us as a loyal Guest.

We really want to apologize if you felt a lack of service at the moment of your check in when we asked you for an opened voucher, we can assure you it was not; as you can see in Marriott.com the hotel will always ask for a credit card or instead of that a cash deposit in order to make your stay more comfortable keeping your credits opened; the amount of this deposit or voucher is approximately the double amount of your full stay thinking in advance in the necessities may have a business traveler.

In addition it is important you to know that according with your request in that moment about you would not consume anything during your stay we proceed to close all credits including minibar and that is why someone went to your room to close it, we really hope for your understanding to this fact, in any moment we wanted to make you feel uncomfortable.

It has been a pleasure to host you and we hope to have a new opportunity in the future to serve you again.

Have a great day

Cordially
Marriott Reforma Mexico City
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My experience with Marriott, and its employees, has always been one of total satisfaction with the quality of its facilities and people. However, this hotel is over the top. I expect the hotel to be clean and pleasant, and I know that the staff will be well trained at all of the Marrotts, but everyone at this hotel has gone out of their way to, cheerfully and warmly, ensure that our stay has been pleasant. Kudos to the staff of the Mexico City Marriott Reforma!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

We sincerely appreciate your comments. We are proud of own staff and your note reconfirms that the hours of training are being recognized.

We look forward to continuing having you as our guest.

Thank you again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. My last stay they put me in a room next to the elevator, big mistake! Very noise - sound of the elevator going up-and-down all night kept me awake. My prior visit was in a room that was much more quite. The service and food are all excellent. Hotel is in a great location, probably not the best location for tourist, but good for business travellers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments! We consider your point of view a very valuable tool for our improvement, we are always looking for a quality service and best experience as you deserve.
Please accept our apologies for inconveniences during your last stay. It is our commitment to engage with our guests needs. Due to our high demand, therefore occupation, we are not able to assign rooms at a specific location.

In addition we have listed in your “preferences”, the location defined in your communication.

We appreciate the time shared with us. We look forward to continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City Marriott Reforma.
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a great time while in mexico city, got stayed in reforma hotel, so convient to stay while i am there, my friends and me had so much fun, the location of the hotel is near Polanco and close to the main financial, cultural, commercial and entertainment districts of the city. we really enjoy it we went in different bars and had so much relaxation in the hotel, we meet up some girl friends to hang up over the city and the staff are so accomodating ther room is cool and the comfort is nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest.

Comments like yours are a great reward to our philosophy of pursuing clients’ satisfaction as the core of our work philosophy.

We sincerely appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your remarks and we look forward to your prompt return.

Happy Holidays!
Mexico City Marriott Reforma
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a one night layover in Mexico City while on our way to San Miguel de Allende. Nice large city Marriott. We arrived in the evening and the room clerk upgraded us to a nice corner room on a high floor with a great view of Reforma. We did not eat breakfast here, but went down to the nice mall a few doors down Reforma that has several nice restaurants. WE did use the pool and the gym at the hotel which were both nice and clean and had plenty of good equipment. The hotel is a bit from the area of town we like the most (La Condessa) with its cooler vibe and more unique dining and entertainment choices, but it is a short cab ride or walk if you want, and Paseo de Reforma has plenty of nice places; it's just a bit more of a business area and less neighborhood and local feeling. The US Embassy is almost directly across the street, as are several other embassies as well, so it would be convenient for business there.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side of the hall from the elevator bank, so you will have a view. The on...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your experience!

Your description of our property is very accurate and we thank you for your time and nice comments on our resort.

We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Thank you and happy Holidays!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is located in the business district and it is convenient to go around in the city. The rooms are of reasonable size and the ones on facing the side road have limited views. The breakfast at the hotel is good and is open till late. Also the menu is not the same everyday which made the visits enjoyable (having stayed there for nearly 2 weeks !). Try the steak restaurant on Level 1. Really nice, sightly expensive compared to other places but worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side roads have no views at all. Try and avoid those.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest.

We really appreciate the comments shared with us. Your opinion encourages us to continue improving in all aspects of Mexico City Marriott Reforma.

We are grateful that you select our hotel over the competition. as our ongoing goal to be, continues to be, the best hotel in our competitive set, being our best reward to receive comments like yours.

It is an honor having satisfied clients and guest like yourself,

Cordially.