“Good location”

Ranked #21 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Although they seemed to try really hard at taking care of the guests it seemed more rehearsed then natural the staff was very knowledgeable about the area although we're not very good at recommending places to eat

• Stayed June 2013
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. Your opinion is very important for us and we appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your recent experience.
It is our commitment to engage with our guests needs, our staff is always more than willing to support you and we are very sorry if in this occasion we have given this bad impression
We consider your point of view a very valuable tool for our improvement, we are always looking for a quality service and best experience as you deserve.
We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future

Mexico City Marriott Reforma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I am a Life-time Gold Marriott member. My colleague and I just completed an eleven-day business stay at the Marriott Reforma. This hotel exemplifies the Marriott tradition in customer service. The employees treated me very well, and address any questions and concerns that I had during my stay. The Reforma location is great for the restaurant scene! The lobby lounge is great too! I read some the critical reviews on this sight and I can say I only had good experiences front breakfast, room service (get the rib-eye tacos), front desk, taxi service and concierge/bell staff. The gym looks brand new and the pool is clean and relaxing

I am coming back in September and October and I look forward to another great stay.

Thank you to the Marriott Reforma team!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest:
We sincerely appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your recent experience at Mexico City Marriott Reforma. Thank you very much for the motivating comments, we are pleased and grateful to know that your stay was pleasant and that our staff provided you the service all our customers expect and we are only too happy and proud to extend.
We appreciate your preference every time you visit Mexico City. Thank you!
We look forward to continue being your honored host.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a fine Marriott with great service. Every employee we encountered was very helpful and gave their full attention. The concierge lounge was the nicest I have ever visited with a wide selection of delicious food, attentive service and a nice view. The rooms were nice but standard Marriott. My only complaint about the room was the complicated lock. If you did not close in a certain way when leaving it stayed unlocked. An employee showed me the secret but they should tell you at check-in. I was lucky that I always check to see if locked. The area seems nice with a choice of restaurants. But the food in the hotel is very good and above the typical Marriott. However they could offer more healthy choices. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest:

Allow me to thank you, for the time dedicated to share with us your recent experience at Mexico City Marriott Reforma
We are sorry if our rooms front door security system is sometimes complicated. The safety of our guests is very important to us, that is why we choose the more effective system.
We are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant and that our staff provided you the service all our customers expect and we are only too happy and proud to extend.
We look forward to having you as our guest again in the nearest future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Definitely lived up to its Marriott branding.
Classy hotel for business travelers. All staffs were very service oriented. I would like to mention Carlos who had an exceptional good service attitude.
However, when I check out, that's where the problem starts....
1. I'm informed that due a glitch in the reservation, my colleague who is checking out 1 day later will be entitled to a discounted, whereby I will be charged the full rack rates, at $65USD more per day... Well, Antonio at the reception promised to resolve the issue and I will have an updated and rectified invoice when I land at home in 26 hours.... It's been more than 100hrs now and I'm still waiting for the rectification.
2. A very nice lady at the reception offered me the Marriott rewards card and I took it with thanks for the whole lot of wonderful privileges. I got the card and was told I can activate it by the time I get back home, guess what? I was given a card issued to another guest and have problems and had to make a call to Marriott rewards and found out about this..... The good thing is, it's being rectified now and I'm waiting for my new card.
I'm just hoping that the billing issue will be resolved and am still waiting.

As a whole, the stay was great, location was great.... Just the administration part went wrong.....
Will still be staying with Marriott when I travel to Malaysia soon....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

First of all we want to thank you dedicated to share with us your valuable comments.
Please accept our most sincere apologies as we could not respect the same rate as your colleague for your reservation. Rates fluctuate according to mid week and weekend reservations considering as well, occupation of the hotel and packages or contracted rates. We understand your valuable point of view and realize the miscommunication not clarifying this situation at check out time. Front office Managers are aware of this and will follow up to ensure that nothing like this will happen again.
Please let us know of your plans to return to Mexico City, we would like to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Irvine, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good location for business, plenty of places to eat that are very close. Not very good views from rooms, but they are clean and modern. The executive lounge on the top floor is well worth the cost; great views of the city, great finger-food most of the day and a great atmosphere for entertaining clients.

Room Tip: Executive lounge access is worth the cost.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest:

We really appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your recent experience at Mexico City Marriott Reforma.
Thank you very much for the motivating comments in regard to our Executive Lounge
In regard to views from our rooms, only 50% of our units offer full or partial view of Reforma Avenue; however our entire inventory has the same size, standards, decoration, amenities, decor and location to meet the needs and requirements of the discriminating traveler and upper scale visitor.
Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Several stays in 2012/2013. Nice hotel with a great kitchen -- first choice when in the area. Breakfast buffet is first-rate. Great service and good location.

Rooms are clean and guest services does a great job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for the positive comments in regard to our breakfast buffet. We are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.
It would be a pleasure continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was courteous, professional and welcoming. I arrived in the early evening, was escorted to my room and shown all of the features. The bellman noted that one item was missing so that I would not be charged. He explained all of the features of the room and answered my questions about the hotel's facilities. While the room was a bit small, it was well-appointed and very comfortable. Overall, I had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest :

We hope to continue hosting your visits to Mexico City.