Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Room Mate Valentina(Mexico City)
  • Fitness center
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Suites Estocolmo 30(Mexico City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Stara Hamburgo(Mexico City)
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
Hotel Casa Gonzalez(Mexico City)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
Average 3/5
  • Pool
1,335 results
All reviewsthe executive loungela mansionzona rosatop floorbusiness tripper dayconcierge staffmini barcentral locationvery nice hotelbusiness centerbreakfast buffet ischapultepec parkreformagymrodrigueztorres
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spent a couple nights there for a business trip. Lots of very helpful and cheerful staff. Business lounge is among the best I have ever been to at a Marriott. Good food, lots of space, and relaxing atmosphere. Views from most rooms are not the best, but I was there on business, not to sight see, so no worries. Close to the Zona Rosa, so some of the bars can be quite lively and ofter a little rowdy. If you are not comfortable with that, do not go. Fitness room could use more weights and less aerobics, but that is my opinion. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for the positive comments in regard to our Executive Lounge, we are glad to know that you found it as “the best you ever been “, and that our staff provided you with the experience you expected.

We look forward to having you back again in the nearest future.

Sincerely

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We didn't get very far outside the bubble of the Reforma district, but the Marriott was right in the center of it for our short stay. A couple of lefts out the door, and you're on a bustling pedestrian street with bars and cafes. A couple of rights, and you're in a big shopping center with mid-level shopping and dining options.

My room was clean, the wireless easy to use, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments

We are pleased and grateful to know that our staff provided you with the experience you expected, that is our goal and we appreciate your preference every time you visit Mexico City.

We sincerely look forward to your return.

Mexico City Marriott Reforma

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. Hotel is in a good location, right next to the angel of independence. However, I was expecting it to be more grand than it was. Most other marriott's that I have been to in the lesser developed countries have a grand ambiance.

My room was good however it had no view which was the disappointing part. Staff was v courteous and helpful. If you are a Marriott rewards elite member, then this is one of the best executive lounges that you will find.

Right behind the hotel there are a lot of local restaurants. I got in late but was still able to get the local bite. While the area is safe, I was in the alley around mid-night and felt a bit insecure due to the lack of lighting. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for the motivating comments in regard to our Executive Lounge. Our Room Division Manager and the Front Office Manager have worked very hard and very close with their team and we very pleased to hear our efforts generate these type of comments.

In regard to views from our rooms, only 50% of our units offer full or partial view of Reforma Avenue; however our entire inventory has the same size, standards, decoration and amenities, décor and location to meet the discriminating and upper scale visitors

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City.

Cordial regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is located in the Paseo de Reforma- a busy downtown main street and close to the historic centre but a bit too far (and too much smog) to walk. Alongside is a shopping mall (altho same stores you find anywhere) and a parallel pedestrianised street at the back has largely fast food restaurants.
I had emailed the hotel prior to my arrival and this was the only 1 of 3 Marriotts I stayed in in Mexico to not respond to basic enquiries- an early idea re front desk (and concierge) customer service, which is NOT Marriott standard.
The hotel staff are overall efficient but nowhere near as friendly as the JW Marriott in Mexico City. A nice touch tho taking gold card holders up to check in at the exec lounge on the top floor. Excellent lounge with an outside terrace (but note- really poor air quality as highly polluted city), very good range of food (wine etc note you have to pay for, although reasonable prices). Waitor service at all times.
Rooms are average size. Bath and Body works amenities (not great quality..) You may be really unlucky and be facing the skyscraper on one size- in which case a wall and little light I guess. the other side has more light but looks on to the shopping centre. Poor range of hotel channels in english although they do have espn (spanish) so I managed to watch key live football matches!
Good gym. Spa but I did not try it. The pool is small and crammed in a small area and the tiny terrace only gets sun part of the day due to tall buildings alongside.

Room Tip: the side not facing the skyscraper (or you will see a wall close up and get little light I am guessing..)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kate70
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments.
Kindly accept our sincere apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced at our front desk and concierge team. We had a talk with the head of both departments to avoid future comments of this nature.

In regards to views from our rooms, only 50% of our units offer full or partial view of Reforma Avenue, however all of our inventory has the same size, standards, decoration and amenities, décor and location to meet the discriminating and upper scale visitors.

All amenities in room (bath body) and TV channel selection are Marriott standards and periodically inspected true BSA (Brand Standard Audit), where our record is impeccable; please let me know your expectations to try to meet them.

About our fitness facilities, Mexico City Marriott Reforma offers his guest’s access to our 5th floor pool, sun deck and 2 jacuzzis, as well as professional body treatments by certified therapists (reservations are required). At no cost to our guests, we offer steam room, sauna, lockers and showers. We are sure that you will be totally pleased.

We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was my first visit to Mexico City and based on a friend's recommendation, I stayed here. I have stayed in hotels all over the US and international and I think this my be the best I have stayed in. The staff are the most professional employees i have encountered. Uniforms are spotless and they really want to make guest happy and feel safe. Executive lounge is the entire 16th floor. Spa and gym the entire 5th floor. This hotel should be training ground for others that want to manage a hotel correctly. I had some plumbing problem in my room and they had it fixed with in 15 mins of my reporting. If you eat at the hotel steak house, bring a big appetite. My waiter here was nearly perfect and was worthy of the extra tip I left him. When I return to Mexico City, this is the only hotel I will stay in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank John D
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear “John D”:

We sincerely appreciate the time dedicated to share with us your experience at our hotel. We are always striding to make our property an even better option for our guests and visitors.
Thank you very much for the motivating comments in regard to our Executive Lounge as well as our Gym & SPA. Our Room Division Manager and the Front Office Manager have worked very hard and very close with their team and we very pleased to hear our efforts generate these type of comments.
We are also extremely proud of La Mansion, our Steak House; thank you for sharing with us your excellent experience there.
On behalf of the entire staff of Mexico City Marriott Reforma, I thank you for your time and sponsorship.
It would be a pleasure continuing being your honored hosts in your future visits to Mexico City.