“Marriott Reforma Mexico City good business hotel”

Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel
Ranked #24 of 307 Hotels in Mexico City
McKinney, Texas
“Marriott Reforma Mexico City good business hotel”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I am currently staying at the Marriott Reforma in Mexico City. The hotel property is very nice with 2 restaurants including a steak house. There is also a concierge lounge with foot on the 16th floor. The conceirge lounge is very nice and they have a buffet for both breakfast and lounge. The concierge floor also includes a very nice outdoor patio.

The receiption at the hotel is very good. Very service oriented. The rooms are very nice and modern. However, there is not a safe in the room. This is one change I recommend for the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dcalianno
Marriott_Reforma, General Manager at Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments!

Your opinion is very important for us, thank you for taking the time of writing to us.
We consider your point of view a very valuable tool for our improvement, we are always looking for a quality service and best experience as you deserve.

Regarding your suggestion about the safe in the room, in fact we have them in every room. Gladly, on your next stay if you allow us to, we can show the location and usage, for your convenience.

Mexico City Marriott Reforma Hotel Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a newer hotel and a very good business hotel. Very nice concierge level, Internet connections and a helpful staff. The location is near Zona Rosa, the U.S Embassy and shopping mall, complete with banks and restaurants. A much newer Marriott option than the Polanco JW.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Freq_flyer60601

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not as luxurious as the St. Regis or the Four Seasons on Reforma, but a good hotel in a great location. Zona Rosa right on the doorstep. Transportation from hotel very easy, used their cabs and while expensive reliable and good. Food not bad in the bar area, drinks were good. For the right price great option in Mexico City.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

BA
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The pick up from the hotel was very well coordinated and I was lucky to get a room when I asked for an early check in... but that was all the luck I got so far at my 3 days at the Marriott. The only thing I requested is to have a room away from elevators, well... the 2 times I went up to check into my room were on the left or on the right of the elevator area. So check in time took almost an hour because everytime I came down to talk to the front desk, they were busy with someone else I had to wait again.When I finally got to my room, an hour later the mini bar guy came in to check on the mini bar! I said NO! He just knocked and got in! I asked for a taxi and the hotel recommended one from their staff. The guy said i had the wrong address and kept driving around and complaining that the address did not exist making me call the people to confirm. 30 minutes later he found it and apologize and requested his payment. When I said I was to charge it to the room he said I could not do that! What!? I had to leave at 8AM in the morning, ask for advice at the concierge and told me to leave at 4.30... I got to the airport at 5AM and had to wait until 8AM when it was a domestic flight. They will not be hearing back from me anytime soon...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very accessible and it is practically in the Zona Rosa. The restaurant La Mansion a very good restaurant is in this hotel. The other restaurant has a very good buffet breakfast. I am surprised that this hotel doesn't offer free Wifi. Internet access is not cheap and it is complicated to connect to. Mi room was clean and the bed comfortable but the room was a bit small. The desk is right in front of the bed with little room to pull the chair out to sit down. The executive floor lounge has a very nice terrace and view of Reforma from it.

• Stayed December 2012
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is your average Marriott...rooms decent albeit generic. However, the service is just awful. I stay for the points only, if the JW Marriott was close in price I would be there in a heartbeat! The issue I run into every single stay, the room you reserve will NOT be available because they are perpetually "completely sold out" even though anyone can make a reservation for any day of the year because in reality they are not terribly busy. This past trip, again, no king size beds because they're "full" however the joint was empty. I'm pretty sure they don't like giving out those king size rooms, but if you want one you will need to speak to a manager because that's the only way to get it. The worst part is, they really could care less about your opinion of them and seem like they'd rather you stay somewhere else. I guess if we all did that they wouldn't have to worry so much about giving up those king size beds.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Randy_VA
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After a frantic 13hr flight from Scotland via Amsterdam i arrived at this hotel and was asked for a Credit Card to back up breakages etc. I did not have a credit card as the whole stay had already been paid for in full, some months ago. I was then asked for 100,000 MexPs (the full cost of my stay) as a deposit, which i did not have and if i had would not have paid. Worn out and tired i had to argue my case with the receptionists. Eventually getting a key to my room some 1 hour later!

Next morning when I took breakfast i was asked to pay, a waiter took me to the reception where they found the vouchers for my breakfasts in a drawer. My room key was deactivated and i could not use the lift nor get back into my room. All because i did not have a credit card!

I wanted to phone reception to get access to the internet and they had turned off my room phone! Im 6000 miles from home on my own, with no access to phone or internet, what if i had taken ill?

They were avoiding me running up a bill,please remember my accommodation had been paid in full earlier! I felt so uncomfortable and like i was a criminal!

The last day i requested a late check out by phone and they advised me the cost but on actual check out i had to pay more plus taxes they had not told me about.

Not a pleasant stay at all, no one seemed to care and did nothing to help me out. It turned out to be a long week of worry and strain. Customer care doesn't seem to have been heard of in the Mexico Marriott Reform. I was glad to get out and put it all behind me.

The hotel itself was great and the standards of cleanliness were fine, room and bed comfy and breakfast was good.

I hope this will help other travelers from having similar troubles at this hotel because it really did spoil my visit. I wont be staying at this hotel again should i visit Mexico again!

Room Tip: Make sure you take the credit card you gave on booking and that your hotel room faces the front stre...