“Great restaurant with authentic feel”
Review of Villa Maria

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant with authentic feel”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I don't know if this would qualify as a truly authentic Mexican restaurant (because I'm not an expert, not because of any issues with the restaurant), but I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the food, drinks, and service. Soups were excellent, English menu is available, and selection is very large. I would definitely go for business or pleasure.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Consistently a good meal”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I eat here frequently when I travel for work. The margaritas are good. Their soups are excellent. They have an english menu and the meals are very consistent.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Villa Maria is the best restaurant I have visited while in Mexico City! The Medallones al Tequila was one of the best meals on menu! Price point is very reasonable and the Mega Mango Margarita is delicious.

Plano, Texas
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

From the moment we walked into the restaurant, we knew it was special. It has cute sayings written all over the walls (in Spanish), and the atmosphere feels very authentic. We ordered the house tamarind margarita, and not only was it wonderful and cheap, it was the size of four! We were given puffy chips and two sauces to start. One was more spicy than the other, but both were excellent. Then we ordered queso fundido which came in two different varieties, and was more than enough for the two of us. Our meal was excellend with my husband having a tequila steak with green sauce and I had a very thin, very excellent piece of meat. I wish I could remember what it was called on the menu. I have to say, that I wish we had been able to save room for dessert, but we couldn't eat another thing! While were were eating, we heard mariachis playing in another room, and the atmosphere became very festive. If you are staying at any of the hotels in the Polanco area, it is a short and safe walk away.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Louise N
San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
“Yummy mexican food with friendly service.”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Friendly casual atmosphere. Good quality at a good price. The Tamarindo margaritas are delicious, just don't order the "big" one, is almost the size of kid's pool.