“Not up to par in Bosques de Duraznos”
Review of D'Amico Ristorante

D'Amico Ristorante
Ranked #2,106 of 4,603 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Polanco
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited the Bosques de Duraznos location on Friday night. We had planned a less formal night for a change at California Pizza Kitchen, but as I pulled into the valet parking, we saw this place and remembered we have it on our list to try. It is very pretty and appealing. What can I say, we would have been US$75 richer and had a better meal had we gone to California Pizza Kitchen.

Appetizers were a mushroom soup and raw tuna - no flavor in either and the soup was supposed to be spicy. The tuna was pink, not red.

Then, I had the lasagna with eggplant - OK, nothing special. My partner had a risotto that was called great and a very good wine.

Service was very polite, a bit sloppy, but very polite and nice and thus, I did not mind. However, I would not go back. There are many other places to go. The Japanese place in the same shopping center is quite good if you are in this area and want a nice place to eat.

There are newer reviews for D'Amico Ristorante

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had dinner at the bosques de las lomas property. The setting is very beautiful. The food was pretty good although they had had problems with their artichoke delivery, which was an issue as a considerable number of plates used them, so the waiter kept having to clear up how many plates where not available. Regardless, the food ended up being quite good. At the end, it also took 3 tries to get the bill, having to resort to asking the manager, but other than this, the waiters were very attentive. Value was also decent.

Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I loveeee the food, the service and the owner is such a sweatheart!! The pasta "piergorgio" is absolutely amazing! I love this place! Its one of the best italian places in mexico!!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for a late dinner and were sorely dissappointed. It looked very nice from the outside so we decided to try it. I ordered a pasta with four cheese sauce and didn't even finish a third of it. It has absolutely no flavor at all. How is this possible with such an easy dish? I must say that The waitstaff was very attentive, the place looked cozy but the food was just not up to par.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I dined in their property in Bosques de Durzanos and I was less than impressed. The restaurant is nicely decorated and quite trendy with a nice ambiance.
The menu describes their food as Author´s cuisine, but all of the dishes that I tried were a bit bland and far from memorable, the service was distracted and continuously delivered dishes to the wrong people and the management was completely detached and unapologetic.
For the prices they charge (make no mistake, this is NOT casual dining), I think you can do much better.