To begin with as soon as we arrived there was a mishap. We arrived at the hotel about 1:30 pm after 6 hrs of flight and even when the check-in time is at 2:00 pm, the less that we expected was to have our room ready, since reservation was made and paid almost a month prior to our trip. The front-desk personnel told us that the room wasn't ready yet and asked us to wait (20 mins). We decided to take a walk to get familiar with the sorroundings returning to hotel about 25-30 mins. later and still the room wasn't ready. So we took another 15 mins. walk and seems that the room wasn't ready yet because they changed our room. We have to say that the bellboys, maid and waiters were very nice. The room was very confortable, nice bed, clean towels and toiletries were apprecited. The breakfast was good even when there isn't to much of choices. Walking distance to Reforma 222 (shoping mall), monuments, restaurants (La Pasadita across from hotel) is very nice. Try the steak called Arrachera or Tacos al Pastor they are great. At the Ciudadella (marketplace) you can find all kind of souvenirs, taxi will cost about $3.00. If you like coffee, is a most to go to "Gran Premio Cafe", take a left from the lobby and walk towards Insurgentes Ave., cross over Insurgentes and a block away at the left side you'll find it, (less than 5 min walk).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A first class hotel, the Regente it's located in the heart of Mexico city, steps away from Reforma and Insurgentes main Avenues, walking distance to Zona Rosa, the Zocalo and subway. 140 Newly-refurnished queen bedrooms, experienced staff, Korinto's Restaurant daily buffet, bar, air conditioned, heating, safe deposit, cable TV, electronic locking, hair dryer, purified water, business center, fitness center and WI-FI in every room. Don't pay more! We have everything at a low cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Regente City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Regente Hotel Mexico City
- Hotel Regente City Mexico City