“American breakfast just like at home.”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #2,172 of 5,280 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Coyoacan
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I was making my plans to visit Mexico City, I was excited to see there was an IHOP there.
It had been almost 2 years since eating at an IHOP and I wanted a taste of home.
Overall the experience was good. The quality of the food was as I had expected. On this particular day the waffle maker was not working and my son had to change his order of waffles to pancakes. The pancakes were excellent and we were surprised he ate all of them.
The egg white omelet was delicious as well. I ordered the quick 2 egg breakfast. When it arrived the eggs were cold, (this is why I put 4 stars) but the server graciously returned my plate to the kitchen and brought out a new plate. The hash browns were every bit as good as I remembered. I think the prices were maybe a little high, but I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is not even the shadow of ihop in the US, pancakes where not well cooked you could feel the uncooked pancake mix in your mouth! awful. If you think you're going there and getting the same experience that you get home... Think again.

2  Thank calvarius
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food is yummy and the waitress was very patient and they even made some changes that we requested in our meals with a smile.

1  Thank Delb_G
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Smaller portions than in the U.S: , almost the same menu. Ironnically the only item that was left out of the menu was the "South of the Border Breakfast". I supposed they thought that since one was already south of the border , people wouldn't care for a pseudo mexican omelette.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am real disappointed of the IHOP franchises in Mexico. I have always been a big fan of IHOP in Texas and California and everywhere I go but I was really disgusted by the service and quality of IHOP in Guadalajara. During my recent visit we decided to have dinner at the Chapultepec Ave. IHOP and the first problem we encountered was that the hosts and even the manager wouldn't give us a table because "they were closing in an hour" and the kitchen "was closing in 5 minutes" - they said. I argued that their closing time was 12pm so it was unacceptable that they wouldn't attend us if we got there before 11! The place was empty and it seemed like they didn't have the energy to serve any more clients and wanted to leave early. And so they finally gave us a table and overall EVERYTHING was cold. Eggs were cold, pancakes were cold, coffee was cold... Everything was cold as if they'd cooked our food an hour before and just let it waiting for somebody to order. Finally, after our horrible experience, I found out that the prices on the menu didn't include taxes (Which is a horrible offence for anybody who lives or visits Mexico and knows that EVERYTHING in mexico already includes taxes on the advertised final price) and so with taxes and all I payed MUCH MORE than I would have anywhere in the US for something that didn't even get close to the quality I would back home. I sincerely hope you check on your mexican managers or your franchises won't last long.

2  Thank champio0on