“Awful pancakes, the worst ommelette ever.” 1 of 5 bubbles

IHOP
Ranked #2,920 of 4,179 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Coyoacan
“Awful pancakes, the worst ommelette ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is not even the shadow of ihop in the US, pancakes where not well cooked you could feel the uncooked pancake mix in your mouth! awful. If you think you're going there and getting the same experience that you get home... Think again.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank calvarius

Mexico City, Mexico
“Delicious! and awesome service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The food is yummy and the waitress was very patient and they even made some changes that we requested in our meals with a smile.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Delb_G
Mexico City, Mexico
“JUST LIKE THE U.S. VERSION , ONLY SMALLER”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Smaller portions than in the U.S: , almost the same menu. Ironnically the only item that was left out of the menu was the "South of the Border Breakfast". I supposed they thought that since one was already south of the border , people wouldn't care for a pseudo mexican omelette.

Visited January 2013
Guadalajara, Mexico
“Disgusting! Nothing like IHOP in the US.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am real disappointed of the IHOP franchises in Mexico. I have always been a big fan of IHOP in Texas and California and everywhere I go but I was really disgusted by the service and quality of IHOP in Guadalajara. During my recent visit we decided to have dinner at the Chapultepec Ave. IHOP and the first problem we encountered was that the hosts and even the manager wouldn't give us a table because "they were closing in an hour" and the kitchen "was closing in 5 minutes" - they said. I argued that their closing time was 12pm so it was unacceptable that they wouldn't attend us if we got there before 11! The place was empty and it seemed like they didn't have the energy to serve any more clients and wanted to leave early. And so they finally gave us a table and overall EVERYTHING was cold. Eggs were cold, pancakes were cold, coffee was cold... Everything was cold as if they'd cooked our food an hour before and just let it waiting for somebody to order. Finally, after our horrible experience, I found out that the prices on the menu didn't include taxes (Which is a horrible offence for anybody who lives or visits Mexico and knows that EVERYTHING in mexico already includes taxes on the advertised final price) and so with taxes and all I payed MUCH MORE than I would have anywhere in the US for something that didn't even get close to the quality I would back home. I sincerely hope you check on your mexican managers or your franchises won't last long.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank champio0on
Mexico
“bad, bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I can't say more than this. Bad food, bad service, bad coffee. I've been to IHOP in the US and although its not exactly high end food, its at least edible. Not worth the long line ups.

Visited December 2012