“Excellent Business Dinner”

Hacienda de Los Morales
Reserve with OpenTable
Hacienda de Los Morales is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 4,236 Restaurants in Mexico City
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Polanco
Description: During colonial times la Hacienda de los Morales was located on the outskirts of Mexico City, but today it is within its confines, only a short distance from the exclusive hotels, museums and shops of Polanco. This stately mansion, a recipient of numerous awards including the 5 Diamond and the Dirona Awards, and the Executive Chef Alejandro Heredia Resendiz named Mexican Chef of the 20th Century by the Cullinary Academy of France, transports visitors to another era in a refined atmosphere where the hospitality and service make every moment a memorable one. In addition to the international menu with Mexican specialties, there are several Gastronomic Festivals each year with the participation of such outstanding establishments as I Chiostri di Firenze, Las Ventanas al Paraiso, The Lobster Festival Puerto Nuevo Style, and Il Milanese Curioso. This formal restaurant is open except Easter week and official Holidays. Gentlemen are required to wear a jacket and tie after 6:00 pm.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Excellent Business Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a Business dinner, and everything was delish. Service was great and desserts were to die for! The location is an old Spanish mansion, and is Gorgeous.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
u.s.
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

In July we went with our 35 week pregnant daughter for lunch. She ordered a squash salad and when it arrived noticed it was primarily lettuce; she inquired if it had been properly sterilized and the waiter confirmed that it had been. Several hours later she was feeling very sick and went to the hospital. She stayed overnight and the doctors said she had contracted the worse type of bacteria from without any doubt at all the salad from the restaurant. This was a fact since she had eaten nothing at all that day with exception of the salad.

She was put on antibiotics for 1 week, but still was sick and then given a stronger dose of antibiotics for another 2 weeks. Aside from feeling very sick she was very distressed to have to take such strong medication during her pregnancy, fearing for the health of her child.

I telephoned the restaurant immediately and they said to send a mail. I did this and heard nothing. After 10 days I called again and they said someone would call. It wasn't until 10 days had passed did someone call from the restaurant but I was away. When I returned one week later I returned the call.

All he said was they were concerned about how was my daughter; I responded they could not be that concerned if it took 3 weeks to call. They said they had quality controls on the food but I replied they obviously were not in place that day.

At no time did he offer to speak to my daughter, or compensate in some way, pay the hospital bills, reverse the credit card. I hung up but after 40 minutes called back saying I planned to write a review. Then he said oh no, they wanted to invite the family to dinner to make up for it. I told him no way my daughter would return to the restaurant. I told him at least to reverse the credit card. To date, it has not been reversed.

I give this restaurant a ZERO rating for their attitude; in the US they would have been sued. I am not trying to downgrade a restaurant except I believe they should stand by and show some concern if a client gets ill from their food. My daughter says they poisoned her and her unborn child, she was very concerned and distressed about this.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank nimo5
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“A must in Mexico city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Mexico city, the place is gorgeous and the food is unreal. If you want to try more sophisticated mexican food this is it. The place is fancy and the service is really good. Every time I come to Mexico city this is the first place I go.

• Visited December 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Business dinner - great ambiance and eclectic menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Was on a business trip to Mexico City and went to dinner here with my staff from the city my first day in the city. This is a former magnificent family residence which has been converted into a bar, restaurant and venue for weddings, etc. We enjoyed drinks in the room which houses the bar, an open room which has views of the residence. There was a chapel with Our Lady of Guadulupe adjacent to the bar. After drinks we went into the restaurant, which was featuring Poblano cuisine, or dishes from the Pueblo region in Mexico at the time. The menu is eclectic, with great seafood and meats prepared with Mexican condiments and accompaniments. A bit pricey, but for me it was well worth it.

• Visited August 2013
San Fernando, Trinidad
“Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Dinner here was quite an interesting experience - our firt night in Mexico and my birthday. We got lucky and got an english speaking waiter. He was excellent and recommended dishes for us to try.
The food was absolutely excellent with good portion sizes. No complaints at all and I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited June 2013