“Great food in Cyoacan”

Los Danzantes Coyoacan
Reserve with OpenTable
Los Danzantes Coyoacan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 4,665 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Coyoacan
Description: Founded in March 1995, Restaurant Los Danzantes is a study in contrasts: a warm colonial building constructed with volcanic stones and natural nopales surrounding it; a delightful bar carved by Joel Rendon and traditional tones of Mexican music set to a modern rhythm; and, of course, a menu that features regional ingredients shining out in fresh, innovative combinations and fusion cooking.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Festively decorated restaurant, loved the surrounds and decorating. Enjoyed very much the charred baby octopus with paprika, and my husband enjoyed the ravioli with poblano chilli, had a bit of spice. Good service and we loved visiting the district of Coyoacán, everyone should pay visit to this town when visiting Mexico city.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have been to Los Danzantes several times over the past two years and mainly select this place over others in the Plaza de Coyoacan because the food is good but like other reviewers comments it is a bit pricey for what you get. Guess you are paying for the location. We didn't wait to get a seat outside and were literally cramped up against another table, I had to ask the guy next to me to move a little so I could cut my food... This time the service was horrible (we went on a sunday morning so I understand it was peak time) however I finished my dish before they brought my husbands, then they never cleared the table and we could see them standing around talking...overall, not sure I'd return but we usually do since it's one of the only good options in the plaza...

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The place is beautiful and that's why it gets 2 points, but we felt cheated... the prices are totally out of context for the food you get. Believe me, I don't mind paying if the product worth it, but for sure this isn't the place for it. About the drinks (cocktails), better don't expect much since are flavorless. The service is erratic, some waitress good and others just terrible.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to us by locals, this place did not disappoint. Excellent menu and service. Sitting outside on a Saturday night really allows one to enjoy the best of both worlds: the lively street scene of Coyoacán and the up-scale dining pleasure of an excellent Mexican kitchen. Try the Oaxacan-style yellow mole "Amarallito" for an unusual taste treat. A bit pricey but worth it. We couldn't get advance reservations, but had no trouble getting a table quickly upon arrival.

1  Thank mr_dendrocacalia
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The tables on the street are very comfortable. Service is great. Overall I do recommend but just be aware that you may pay more than expected for this area.