“The best fast food I ever had.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Moustaches

Les Moustaches
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Moustaches is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 3,537 Restaurants in Mexico City
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paseo de la Reforma & Rio Lerma, a un cuadra de la Embajada Americana.
Transit: Le recordamos que el codigo de vestir es casual elegante(No jeans, no playeras,no tennis,no bermudas).
Description: Les Moustaches is an award-winning fine dining restaurant. The magnificent French food and exclusive wine list are the elements that have made Les Moustaches a well-known and prestigious restaurant. It is located in a renovated house from the last century, in the financial district, two blocks from Angel de la Independencia. The elegant French decorations and piano & violin music help to create a great dining atmosphere. Casa del siglo pasado, situada en el corazon financiero, a dos cuadras del Angel de la Independencia. La magnificencia de la comida Francesa, las muestras gastronomicas, festivales mensuales, asi como la amplia carta de vinos, son elementos que distinguen a este restaurnte de amplio prestigio. La elegante decoracion Francesa y agradables notas musicales del piano en la comida, y por las noches, del violin y piano crean una experiencia inolvidable.
San Diego
“The best fast food I ever had.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We went on a Monday. They are open to 6 and last seating is at 5. We called at 4:30 and they said come on down. We were in and out in 45 minuted with 5 courses. It was glorious (Queen Elizabeth does not let state dinners take more than an hour and neither should you). We had an appetizer of Iberico Ham and melon to start. Served on a dome and split in two table side by our waiter using the french spoon + fork = tongs trick. It was wonderful. Thicker than the servings I have had in the past to add mouth feel to the great nutty-ham flavor. They melons were in large lardons and ripe and wonderful with a little frizzy salad.

Next octopus in a great sauce on a bet of roasted potato slices. Again, split in two. The waiter insisted we have the mussels. They were the black Mediterranean kind, not overcooked and the sauce was a bouquet of tarragon. The a ceaser salad. It was a ceaser salad, better than most, but we live in San Diego and go to Ceasers all the time. Largely lateral and while tasty, taking up tummy real estate that could be put to better use.

Then we had the Wellington and chicken Kiev (both culinary parlor tricks from the 50's but its an old school restaurant). The wellington was the best I have ever had. We sent thf Kiev back, it was dry.

For dessert they had an excellent but short digestief list and they suggested the mousse (I suspect because we were the only left and it is premade). It was a huge bowl of sameness, and while excellent, we at about three spoonfuls of this ocean of pudding and left.

The price with a bottle of wine nad tip is less that steaks here in the USA. What fun.

• Visited April 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
“Classic ambience and superior service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was there last week following TripAdvisor's tips. Superior and very courteous service in a classic ambience. I had a great corn soup from the mexican cuisine as starter and then the ostrich entree, which was not so great. The waiter told me it was not the sirloin as I assumed but the leg - so not as soft as I was expecting. But I believe I should have asked for more details before ordering. Piano and violin played alive give the place an unusual touch, very classic. As I entered the restaurant they asked me where I was coming from and later the musicians played a couple of songs from my country. Nice touch, as the rose and the mints they gave me when I was leaving.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mexico City
“A tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

After 38 years of service, Les Moustaches is still one of the best french restaurants in the city. The service is perfect and friendly. And the food delicious. Best onion soup ever!

• Visited March 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“Mexico's city best French Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant has been around for more than 30 years. And the reason is simple: ALWAYS PERFECT. It has been own and managed by the same man, Monsieur Luis Gávez.
Refinement at it's BEST. Menu is always updates, and they have of course SUPREME CLASSICS
A Must in this great city

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CarlosCli
Palm Beach
“A perfect night for two little girls and their loved ones ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We enjoyed this restaurant so much and our private dining room was perfect for spoiling oru Mexican "grandchildren" on our last night in Mexico City. The staff made this night more than special, with their attentive service and violin serenades for the girls.

Every dish we had was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute of our experience in the beautiful restaurant. We just loved it!

• Visited August 2012