“Amazing, artistic place!”

Ranked #8 of 154 Mexico City B&B and Inns
New York
“Amazing, artistic place!”
Reviewed August 16, 2008

I stayed in Condesa Haus just this past week, in 8/08. I was only there for one night, but truly I wished I had more time to enjoy it. It is an absolutely stunning old, traditional house, converted into a beautiful, unique b+b. There are only 5 rooms, and the traditional, Mexican architecture has been carefully preserved. The owners go out of there way to ensure you are comfortable and taken care of-I had an early morning flight and they ensured I was all set with my transportation and awoke early to make breakfast for me. Finally, it is in the perfect location-in the heart of Condesa, with numerous art galleries, cafes, restaurants within a few minutes walk. This place is AWESOME-dont hesitate to stay here! LOVED it and hope to return soon.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Toronto
Reviewed August 15, 2008

Condesa Haus is a wonderful place to stay in Mexico City. The house itself, which has been renovated and turned into a B&B, has a lot of character, and the rooms are tasteful and modern. There was recently a photo shoot of the Mexican actress, Ana Claudia Talancón, in the house, which you can see here:

We also liked the fact that there are guests from all over the world, including Latin America, who stay there. The owner, Fernando, and the manager, Rocio, are also very personable and helpful, which adds a nice personal touch. Finally, it is in Condesa, which is a leafy and pleasant neighbourhood, with lots of good restaurants. We have travelled to more than 30 countries in the world, and this is one of the best places we have stayed in.

• Liked — The design of the house.
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
auckland
Reviewed August 5, 2008

This hotel was a perfect place to stay in Mexico City. The owners were lovely, place was charming and location was excellent. The owners had fantastic suggestions of things to do from markets to restaurants. They organised an amazing trip to the pyramids for us. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This is the first time I decided to write a review, but Condesa Haus and the lovely time we spent there worth it.

Since the arrival, the beautiful house welcomes you as well as Fernando and Rocio.

Our room, the Monterrey suite was exactly what we need and want. Tastefully decorated, comfortable, clean and what a great bed!!
Fernando, the owner of the place made sure we had all the info and tips we needed. He's such a great host!!

Everyone is nice, helpful, the breakfast was much more than what we expected.

Of course, the location is great, in the heart of Condesa, me and my boyfriend had so much fun walking around this "chic" neighborhood.
Condesa Haus is and feels like home, but with all the comfort you would desire while you are on vacation.

We definitively will stay at Condesa Haus in our next trip to Mexico City!!

Diane & Ralph

• Liked — The personal atention, location, cleaning
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I stayed at the Condesa Haus for two weeks and loved every minute. If you are looking for a place that feels like home in the middle of the hustle and the bustle of Mexico City, don´t go anywhere else. Rooms are wonderful and are impeccably clean, with very comfortable beds, very good bathrooms, tv and wireless internet. Fernando and his team go out of their way to make sure you are happy. Condesa Haus is a house with a heart.

• Liked — personal attention
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
London, UK
Reviewed May 14, 2008

OK, I have never left a review but have decided that I have used Tripadvisor so often to find the great places where I have stayed that I would start passing on the favour.

We decided late to travel to Mexico, and firstly found Condesa Haus as a place to stay in Mexico City for 3 nights (we then went onto The Ranchos Las Cascadas for 5 days which is also a MUST, and will leave a separate review for that).

Condesa Haus is found in what seems to be a lovely, down to earth, safe, and beatiful part of Mexico City, the area of Condesa. It has many bars and restaurants nearby, but nothing brash or intrusive, plus 2 beautiful parks. The hotel is a beautiful renovation of a colonial hause that Fernando (the owner and nicest guy you will find in Mexico!) tells me that he lovingly restored over a year. There are 2 balconies inside that overlook the main recption area, which is also beautiful.

I believe there are only 4 rooms. Ours was fantastic, with a shower and bath inside the room! The balconies overlooked the street where there is an occasional market, which you had to listen out for as it was almost like they were told to be quiet it was that peaceful.

Fernando and Rocio, his delightful aid, make you feel like it is your own home. On arrival Fernando was waiting in the doorway chatting to some locals, just so that we were ok on arrival, as it was getting late. Rocio made us the BEST Heuvos Mexicanos (Mexican eggs), basically upon request, for breakfast. Nothing was too much for them. They will help you with almost anything: They sorted out restaurants, bars, car hire for our follow on journey and also hotels. They are really the best hosts. They even left some fruit and wine in the room with a small note on arrival as they knew it was my wife's birthday.

OK, enough said. When I come back to Mexico I will DEFINATELY stay at Condesa Haus. Thx Fernando & Rocio!

• Liked — Beautiful house, great location, the best staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
venice beach, california
Reviewed April 15, 2008

I had the opportunity to stay in two different rooms, one each night. They were both wonderful! Each with a completely different feel. From the moment I contacted Condesa Haus for a reservation until I left, my experience was perfect. Fernando and Rocio were so wonderful, attentive, helpful and easy to deal with. I felt very welcomed and taken care of. I was also pleased by the healthy offerings at breakfast. Condesa Haus is located on a lovely and very quiet street. Yet it's close to the great restaurants and night life of Condesa. I'm a blonde female, I speak very little Spanish and I was traveling alone. I felt totally safe at Condesa Haus and walking around the neighborhood, even after dark. The accommodations are very clean and charming and the beds were perfect, I slept really well. A lot of love has gone into this delightful place.

• Liked — The overall feel of the place and how welcomed I felt.
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo