“Beautiful boutique B&B, but, watch your wallet!”
Review of Condesa Haus

Condesa Haus
Ranked #8 of 154 Mexico City B&B and Inns
san diego
“Beautiful boutique B&B, but, watch your wallet!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at Condesa Haus - we originally planned to stay only one night, but the house was so charming and the owners so charismatic that we decided to stay for another night. I would do this again, but I would not take any credit cards with me. Both my husband and I had our card information stolen while the cards were in our the house (it happened either in our room over the weekend, or when our luggage was being held for us on Monday). We called the owners when we found out what had happened, and one of them said that the cards were probably magnetically copied while we were walking around the city - BUT, I left my card in a small purse in my bag. I didn't walk around the city with it at any time, so the theft had to have happened there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rlhf
CondesaHaus, Owner at Condesa Haus, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
We have been in this business for more than 6 years serving and making our guest feel like home. The fact that we were the last establishment that you had your card with, before your bank noticed you about the stolen info, does not entitle us to be thefts. You should try to remember where and in which countries you have been using your card...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wow, just wow! I've been to Mexico City many times in my life, and even lived there several years ago while working for a summer, and this was simply the best experience I've had or heard of. I stayed in Condesa Haus for three days and had a perfect experience.

Fernando and Alessandro could not be better hosts - they know the city amazingly well and are passionate about making sure guests have a great experience. Whether you're looking for good food, places to explore in the city, culture, nightlife, or whatever, they will know it.

On top of that, the hotel itself really makes you feel at home. I've had mixed experiences with B&B's, but Condesa Haus has the perfect combination of impeccable yet invisible service (including delicious, simple breakfasts) and also a safe, comfortable, clean home base (the importance of which is not to be underestimated in Mexico City). It's also situated perfectly in La Condesa, the best part of Mexico City, just blocks away from the main road, great parks, many new bars and restaurants, and also the neighboring La Roma area.

I can't say enough good things. I'm sure I'll be back to Mexico City before long, and I will never stay anywhere else again.

• Stayed November 2012
Tokyo
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

The owners of the b&b are absolutely wonderful. They made what would have been a good trip a great trip... Thank you guys!
I could not have found a nicer place for what I paid. The location is on a quiet street but a block away from all the action of condesa as well as a few blocks from the touribus stop. Clean linens, hot water and delicious breakfast.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We weren't sure whether we wanted to add on a weekend stay after a week of business in MC but we are so glad we did and that we choose Condesa Haus. We were warmly welcomed by Douglas and Alejandro who showed us to our lovely room, the Playa del Carmen. The room was fine but what made our stay was the personal travel advice from Douglas. With his travel advice and suggestions we went to a local art bazaar, morning mass at the cathedral, ate at a great taco bar and lots more. He arranged our taxis (which were much cheaper than what I had been paying at Marriott) and ensured we had everything we needed.

A few tips, if you take cabs always carry a map with your destination and better still, google maps on your phone; experience lucha libre - Mexican wrestling; have plenty of change for taxis; and take a trip to the pyramids!

We hope to visit again!

1 Thank SarahSaunders_Toronto
London
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The title sums it up. We were made welcome right from our arrival. The room was great; comfy bed, beautiful bathroom, quick wifi. Breakfast was tasty and everything was spotlessly clean.

The guys there were really helpful giving advice on what to do/where to go. Would definitely recommend as a base in Colonia Condesa - very good.

Sydney
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The early 19th Century Mexican home now guest house is a tremendous way to comfortably visit Mexico City. The location is safe and enchanting with plenty to keep one occupied just in Condesa alone (of course you don't just stay in Condesa!). The room was intimate but spacious, clean and bright with a claw-foot bath right in room which was such a comfort after a long day as a tourist. The bed was a bit hard, in case you're a soft-bed type of person, but really, I would definately go back to Condesa Haus again - it's really such good value-for-money, provides a wonderful home-cooked Mexican breakfast, espresso coffee if you wake up early and need to get going, and best of all - Douglas and Fernando - who are so into their city and making the experience of staying at Condesa memorable. I would definately go back to Condesa Haus again and recommend it to anyone who's going to Mexico. By-the-way, if you are going to Mexico and hadn't considered going to Mexico City, you should! If you're in doubt, just book a few nights at Condesa Haus, and send Douglas an email to ask if he'll arrange transport from the airport. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DavidNSW
Vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our most recent trip to Mexico included a 5-day stop in Mexico City. We have travelled to DF numerous times as we have extended family in the city, and always stay in the Condesa area due to the great restaurants, central location, and safe/friendly vibe. When my husband and I travel, we try to stay in smaller, unique properties and have tried several in the area over the years. Now we have a new traveling companion - a 10-month old son, and were worried that our days of finding some really great gems of accomodations in la condesa were over! Fortunately, we were wrong when we found Condesa Haus! We stayed in Suite 1, and although it only had one bed, the suite had plenty of room for a portable travel bed that we brought along (the bed was also plenty big enough for all three of us to sleep together). Having a suite with a small child worked out perfectly, as we could put baby to bed early in one room while still enjoying the rest of our evening in the living/dining area. The kitchenette was stocked with everything we needed, including a microwave which we used to sterilize baby bottles. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that Suite 1 had an in-suite washer & dryer! There wasn't a bathtub in our particular suite, but our little guy was fine sitting in the shower. La condesa is a very old neighbourhood, and while many of the properties are renovated very well, we have never found one that is completely sound-proof (totally understandable given the age of the buildings). However, we found that we barely heard any of the other guests at Condesa Haus (and hopefully, they couldn't hear us either)! Wi-fi worked great throughout the property, and we were given a local mobile to use during our stay - perfect if you know people in Mexico City or are traveling with a group and want to stay in touch. The staff were wonderful and accomodating - helping us call sitios and make restaurant reservations. We will definitely stay here again the next time we return to Mexico City!

Room Tip: Suite 1 is a 1-bedroom suite with kitchenette, living area and insuite washer & dryer