“Getting better”

Dining options: Reservations
Cancun, Mexico
“Getting better”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'm very enthusiast of Japanese culture all my life and was a regular customer to this japanese restaurant at Mexico City, 'till we retire to Cancun. Now every time I had to travel to DF, I go to the Nagaoka ,and his truly magnificent food, 100% real Japanese food, not fancy, commercial food but truly what you find in Japan. Place is full of Japanese people, sign that the food is good. Service is perfect and friendly all the time, the portions are plentiful, very tasty and the price-quality ratio is very good and reasonable. Ask for the special of the day and sometimes you'll be surprised. Personally, I like Suki-Yaki prepared at your table, the eel sushi and the soba pasta dishes.

• Visited February 2014

Mexico City, Mexico
“Just like being in Japan”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I recommend Nagaoka restaurant because the service, the quality and variety of the Japanese food, the interior decoration, but mainly the way they make you feel there, like home, like being in Japan with best friends. Starting from the entrance, it is just like being in Japan. I have been there with my husband, with family, with friends and always is the same type of high class service and kindness.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank EvaChoperena
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This has traditionally been a great restaurant. Lots of japanese-mexicans come here. However, at the Insurgentes franchise, the second floor trebles whenever the waiters walk. Very very annoying. Plus the service is slooow. Also watch out, my husband got an excelent piece of sushi and I got the part they were supposed to throw out. Very dissapointed. Don't feel like coming back.

• Visited July 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
“I am addicted to this place!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I moved in to Colonia Nápoles in 2003 and thankfully shortly afterwards found Nagaoka. I have been a regular ever since, going about once a week to the Arkansas location. I haven't been to the location further south along Insurgentes.

Everything here is amazing, but I especially like the Agedashi, Horenso Gomaae and the Udon soups. For a little taste of everything, order the Wateishoku - you won't be disappointed.
The green tea is strong and brewed correctly.

It seems like they keep raising their prices about once a year, but for the extremely high quality and fabulous flavor, I don't mind.

It's real, traditional homestyle Japanese food in the heart of DF, that is in no way "Mexicanized" like so many Japanese restaurants here - you won't find anything with chipotle on the menu.

Just clean, beautful food that will make you happy.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JulietLambert
Nagasaki, Japan
“"Real Japanese taste"”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I´ve known the Restaurant Nagaoka in Arkansas Street since it opened back in 1985. This weekend we went to the one located on Insurgentes Ave.
I must say that it is the same flavor and good service as the original one. The menu is so extensive that it was difficult to choose (we wanted to try all of the dishes). In the end we decided to take Gyudon, Katsudon and Wakame yasai soba. For starters we ordered Gyoza, Soft shell crab and Agedashi. Having lived in Japan for quite long (my husband is Japanese) I can tell that this is the real traditional Japanese way of cooking.
Definitely a family favorite in Mexico city!

• Visited May 2013