“awesome decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe de Tacuba

Cafe de Tacuba
Ranked #39 of 4,236 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Centro Historico
Brooklyn, New York
“awesome decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

It's worth it to come here if only for the decor. There are decorative tiles throughout along with brass lamps and large paintings.

The wait staff dresses in white wearing white caps like old school nurses. We pretty much letour waitress pick out meals during lunch time (Tamales, enchiladas etc). Everything came out wonderful.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tayie83

• Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
“Fantastic tamales”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

A very good breakfast in a gorgeous building. The tile and stained glass is amazing. The chicken tamales were delicious. The pan dulce wasn't as good as some other places, I would skip it here. Ordered a side of beans and guacamole with our tamales. The guacamole is super spicy but we enjoyed it. The food was good but the decor really makes this definitely worth a visit. Its on the pricey side for breakfast though - 2 people and we spent about $30 USD.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank JMP1123
Mexico City, Mexico
“Excelent option to try traditional, homemade mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you want a typical mexican family brunch, breakfast or any meal, you should not miss this place. It used to be a convent in the colony phase in Mexico. You can ask for not so hot plates and everything is delicious, with home made tortillas, bread, salsa. It is in Mexico City downtown.

• Visited December 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“A surprising Mexican experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I went to Café Tacuba just by chance. I was walking along downtown and was hungry. The place looked good from the outside and I went in. Much to my surprise, I found a very very busy place, with an undescribable Mexican decor everywhere......tables, architecture, art on wall, dress code of waiters and waitresses, etc... Just fantastic!

I went to the upper floor and was given a table. I had a good meal. It was not exceptional, but was above average.

I do recommend the place to tourists.

• Visited January 2014
Ciudad de México, México
“Tradition and quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This restaurant has me coming back for seconds for years now. I remember when I was little I would visit with family and friends and it was always an ocassion. The flavors have stayed the same through the years, I have had enchiladas de mole poblano many times and they are always delicious and they are comfort food now. I know I´m getting a top meal with great flavor and the recipes have not changed since the 19th Century.

• Visited November 2013