Review Highlights
Considering a food tour? Go with Club Tengo Hambre!

I cannot review this tour highly enough. We took food and market tour with Mariana on a Friday in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
afh_sdo
Somerville, Massachusetts
Great Day!

Great tour! Tasty Food! Beautiful city! We just spent 4 great hours with Mariana and Fernando our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $72.00
from $39.99
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews street food tour tacos street food options local food scene food lovers trip to mexico city amazing street food amazing guide our tour guide booked this tour great tour small group bellas artes mariana pujol foodie introduction
Reviewed February 10, 2019

We booked the evening tour for the first night of our trip so that we could get a feel for the city, and an introduction to the street food. The tour totally lived up to our (high) expectations. Our tour guide, Mariana, was THE BEST. She gave us good info on each of the types of food/drink we were experiencing and also talked about the way food plays into peoples lives. We learned some, had an incredibly fun evening and ate A TON of delicious food. I highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for a 'safe' intro to the street food options in Mex City. We even found our way back to one of our taco stops on our last day before heading off to the airport. Take this tour.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019

We scheduled this street food tour for our first day in Mexico City because we felt like it would give us a good introduction not just to the street food scene, but also to help us get oriented with walking around Mexico City. The tour was amazing. All of the food was sooo good. I never realized how many tacos I could eat in one day and not get tired of eating. Don't get me wrong, I was super stuffed by the end of the tour, but all the food we tasted was so good that I just kept wanting to eat more of it. Also, our guide, Mariana, was wonderful. She definitely helped to enrich this great experience.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

What a great way to experience authentic Mexican food! Mariana brought us to 6 amazing spots each highlighting a different signature dish. The food was absolutely incredible. She also brought us to 2 markets where we were able to sample local ingredients! I would absolutely recommend this tour!

Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Our tour guide Marianna immerses us in sights, sounds and most of all “tastes” that we could not have found (let alone trusted) in a million years. As a visitor to Mexico from the 1970’s she opened doors that I have never entered. Her keen sense of the members of our group of 8 (70’s to 30’s) provided a well paced brilliant tour. 3 1/2 hours of discovery, delicious-ness and great commentary. Marianna is a pro. We were so fortunate to have her. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Seez
Reviewed January 19, 2019

This is one of the most interesting tours I have ever taken. Meet at the Bellas Artes and visit Mexico City as a "gringo" speaking limited Spanish can never do. Our guide, Marianna Gutiérrez, spoke perfect english and shepherded around in a well timed, well organized fashion from stand to stand and market to market. The group size was 8, a good size. We never felt pressured to move on. Her knowledge of Mexican food, its importance and the vendors was excellent. We even convinced her to take us to a pulque bar. There is a lot of walking involved, about 6-7,000 steps, on crowded and uneven pavement. The street vibe was fabulous. Thank you Marianne.