Review Highlights
Considering a food tour? Go with Club Tengo Hambre!

I cannot review this tour highly enough. We took food and market tour with Mariana on a Friday in... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
afh_sdo
Somerville, Massachusetts
Great Day!

Great tour! Tasty Food! Beautiful city! We just spent 4 great hours with Mariana and Fernando our... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from $72.00
from $39.99
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews street food tour tacos street food options local food scene food lovers trip to mexico city amazing street food amazing guide our tour guide booked this tour great tour small group bellas artes mariana pujol foodie introduction
Reviewed January 28, 2019 via mobile

What a great way to experience authentic Mexican food! Mariana brought us to 6 amazing spots each highlighting a different signature dish. The food was absolutely incredible. She also brought us to 2 markets where we were able to sample local ingredients! I would absolutely recommend this tour!

Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Our tour guide Marianna immerses us in sights, sounds and most of all “tastes” that we could not have found (let alone trusted) in a million years. As a visitor to Mexico from the 1970’s she opened doors that I have never entered. Her keen sense of the members of our group of 8 (70’s to 30’s) provided a well paced brilliant tour. 3 1/2 hours of discovery, delicious-ness and great commentary. Marianna is a pro. We were so fortunate to have her. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Seez
Reviewed January 19, 2019

This is one of the most interesting tours I have ever taken. Meet at the Bellas Artes and visit Mexico City as a "gringo" speaking limited Spanish can never do. Our guide, Marianna Gutiérrez, spoke perfect english and shepherded around in a well timed, well organized fashion from stand to stand and market to market. The group size was 8, a good size. We never felt pressured to move on. Her knowledge of Mexican food, its importance and the vendors was excellent. We even convinced her to take us to a pulque bar. There is a lot of walking involved, about 6-7,000 steps, on crowded and uneven pavement. The street vibe was fabulous. Thank you Marianne.

Reviewed December 28, 2018

This was such a fun, interesting, and delicious way to see the city. Our tour guide was so knowledgable and friendly. I never would have been able to find these little stands and marketplaces on my own, nor would I have had any idea what to try. This is a great way to learn about the city and eat some terrific food!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed December 19, 2018 via mobile

I scheduled this tour for my first day in Mexico City. I wanted to orient myself a bit and figure out as soon as possible which of the countless food stands I needed to be checking out. I really enjoyed every stop, though the first stop with quesadillas, another stop with al pastor, and my first sampling of chipulinas were definite standouts. Our guide, Mariana, was terrific, sharing her knowledge of Mexico’s culinary history as well as the vendors themselves. One note: I was definitely stuffed by the end of the tour, so be sure to pace yourself!

Date of experience: December 2018