“Bad service with decent food ”
Review of La Capellina

La Capellina
Ranked #16 of 306 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This place has a nice setting and good location but the food was mediocre and the service was very slow and inattentive. I see great reviews about the pizza but it tasted like a frozen pizza. I’m not sure why all of the hype.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Our visit could not have had a better ending than La Capellina. Started with glasses of Casa Madero Cabernet and a shared Portobella with polenta. Entrees were Japanese and tuna and Salmon pasta. Both superb! Finished it off with Chocolate cake topped with caramel ice cream. Decadent. All excellent. Service attentive. A must experience.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

A nice Italian restaurant, with a decent menu. I'm not into the fusion. Keep the food has traditional as possible. The food to cost ratio doesn't result to excellent food. If you're in town and tired of Mexican food, give it a try.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

Great music, nice ambiance, friendly staff. But. Pizza was reminiscent of something I had at a skating rink in the 80s. I was surprised they were able to pull off such a crappy rendition in a coal fired stove. They did have a creamy chimichurri made with arbol chiles that was incredible. I used the sorry pizza as a vehicle for the lovely sauce. I’m watching the table next to us dump salt all over their pasta. I doubt it will help.
Don’t bother.

Reviewed June 19, 2018

We kind of stumbled into this restaurant. There weren't a lot of people, and we couldn't find it online. But we ate there, and it was really delicious. Service was good, and the music was pleasant. We all felt like we really found a gem in this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2018