“Exceptional.”

La Hacienda Spanish School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Hacienda Spanish School is a small, friendly and intimate language school based in the charming colonial town of Guanajuato, Mexico. We offer one of the most affordable opportunities in the city to dive into the enchanting language and culture of Mexico. We make learning Spanish fun! Our dedicated team of teachers adapt to your learning style and meet you right where you are at in your abilities and interests. This creates a comfortable, supportive learning environment for you to thrive in. Whether you are a beginner or advanced student, or somewhere in between, you will emerge from La Hacienda Spanish School thrilled with your new confidence to communicate and to connect with others in Spanish.
Reviewed June 12, 2018

My husband and I have been at the school for a month now and our Spanish has improved so much. The owners are two of the teachers and they provide personalized instruction and guidance in Spanish. Another teacher, Lupita, is our conversation teacher and she is exceptional as well. Even though the classes are "group" so far our classes have been rather small. Having a couple other people in the conversation actually helps spur us on to talk more. LOVE THIS SCHOOL.

The location is beyond beautiful. The school is a renovated hacienda from the colonial times (maybe 250-300 years old). It has been updated with new electrical and wifi, and the bathrooms are very nice, too! It is a very pleasant environment for learning.

The city is small enough to walk around...you definitely don't need a car. The buses are efficient and about 25 cents per trip, and the taxis are convenient, too, and $2-$3 for anywhere you want to go. Most people just walk. The city is also big enough that you can find virtually everything you want...at good prices!

There is a ton of cultural and arts opportunities in this city, as well as day trips that have been so cool. One of the owners, Luis, provides trips on Saturday and they have been excellent. He is a pleasant conversationalist so it's like getting a 5-hour conversation class for the price of the tour!

There are also a zillion cute coffee places and restaurants for studying!

1  Thank Janet G
in 3 reviews
"culture"
"hacienda"

Reviewed May 5, 2018

Our time in Guanajuato was absolutely fantastic in large part to having taken classes with Luis and Esme. They are incredible teachers and wonderful people. The ambiance at La Hacienda is great and I can't think of a better place to be to learn the language and culture of Guanajuato. I highly recommend making this the place you learn Spanish in Mexico!

Reviewed April 22, 2018

after doing a fair bit of research on the available schooling options, my wife and I decided to study with Luis and Esme during an extended visit to Guanajuato. we could not have been more impressed. they are highly professional, welcoming, and just plain fun. in addition, their 'campus' is a gorgeous old hacienda located in a quiet and beautiful part of town. we could not recommend them more highly!

Reviewed March 30, 2018

La Hacienda was a lovely experience for a 79-year--old woman traveling alone. The teachers are great, the setting is beautiful, and the other students were interesting and lots of fun. Luis made several adjustments in my schedule so I could get the maximim benefit from my time there -- a mix of private classes, grammar, culture, and conversation--four hours a day. I benefitted from a homestay with Alma, a wonderful hostess,very accommodating, a great cook, and a house with a delightful rooftop terrace.
Guanajuato is charming, with lots to see and do and friendly, helpful people.
It's definitely a wonderful school for students of all ages!

Sue M, Admin at La Hacienda Spanish School - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Thank you, Nancy, for your great review. We enjoyed having you as a student, and your enthusiasm for learning Spanish is what makes our day for us. Looking forward to seeing you again, we hope!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I spent 3 weeks in Guanajuato and enjoyed my time greatly. Luis, Esme and Mariana in particular were incredible - friendly, funny, passionate and, most importantly, very good at teaching! Groups were formed of students of similar levels and these classes were held whether there was only 1 of us or 4 of us. Group and private lessons revolved around subjects of interest to the students from politics to travel to sport. The location, as others said, is stunning, particularly the garden. The town itself if beautiful and very safe.

I highly recommend this school. My only criticism would be that they don't market themselves well enough and insist that we all write reviews. This resulted in them not having many students enrolled when I was there.

1  Thank JCE12345