“Great learning experience and talented teachers”

La Hacienda Spanish School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Hacienda Spanish School is a small, friendly and intimate language school based in the charming colonial town of Guanajuato, Mexico. We offer one of the most affordable opportunities in the city to dive into the enchanting language and culture of Mexico. We make learning Spanish fun! Our dedicated team of teachers adapt to your learning style and meet you right where you are at in your abilities and interests. This creates a comfortable, supportive learning environment for you to thrive in. Whether you are a beginner or advanced student, or somewhere in between, you will emerge from La Hacienda Spanish School thrilled with your new confidence to communicate and to connect with others in Spanish.
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I spent 3 weeks in Guanajuato and enjoyed my time greatly. Luis, Esme and Mariana in particular were incredible - friendly, funny, passionate and, most importantly, very good at teaching! Groups were formed of students of similar levels and these classes were held whether there was only 1 of us or 4 of us. Group and private lessons revolved around subjects of interest to the students from politics to travel to sport. The location, as others said, is stunning, particularly the garden. The town itself if beautiful and very safe.

I highly recommend this school. My only criticism would be that they don't market themselves well enough and insist that we all write reviews. This resulted in them not having many students enrolled when I was there.

Date of experience: July 2017
in 24 reviews
"mexico"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 27, 2017

I am passionate about learning Spanish. I have attended several language schools in México. La Hacienda is the best. Luis, Esme, Mariana, Lupita, Mario and the other teachers at La Hacienda are all amazing. They are dedicated, fun, inventive and experienced teachers. I took classes for a month and looked forward to every day! The other students were friendly, the classes were stimulating and fun, the location is charming, the colonial city of Guanajuato is beautiful and safe. Luis makes sure students are placed in classes (all of which are limited in size) adapted for each level - beginner, advanced or in-between. La Hacienda makes Spanish fun to learn!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank coloradohiker1
Reviewed February 3, 2017

I have taken Spanish off and on for 3 years in a variety of Latin American countries and had specific things I wanted to review. I took private lessons with Luis, and he is one of the best teachers I've had. He was excellent at catching my errors and then offering an impromptu lesson on the very topic I was murdering. He is able to distill a subject down to just what's important and offer a very clear explanation about what you need to know.

I highly recommend La Hacienda.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

I attended classes , group classes with Luis and Esme, and a private class with Esme- this must be at least my 20th session with these two wonderful teachers ! I cannot get enough of these two - they never disappoint me! And now they are located in the larger part of this ex-Hacienda, the classrooms and outdoor spaces are incredible. So much space ! The lighting in the indoor classrooms is excellent! The garden area outside has so much potential, I can't wait to see what they do with it.
The Spanish classes were fun, as always, and of course somewhat challenging to push the level of my Spanish up a bit. My group classes were the perfect level for me, and we had a great time, the other students have now become my good friends. In my private classes I quite enjoyed the lengthy conversations with Esme and look forward to more of the same when I return in March.
I cannot say enough about this excellent Spanish school, la Hacienda, and its two founders and teachers par excellence - Luis and Esme. Definitely worth your while!

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank MontrealSuper_Mom
See more reviews
Reviewed December 22, 2016

If you're looking to improve your Spanish AND live the authentic Guanajuato experience, this is the place to go! The teachers are knowledgeable, friendly and patient and they clearly enjoy what they do. The school is small, clean and safe and the location is fantastic! The classes are flexible, personalized and laid-back. Luis & Sme, the directors, are passionate about their work, and as locals, they love sharing their inside knowledge of this amazing city. The staff are all very kind, welcoming, respectful and genuine. I was so pleased to find this little school with a whole lot of heart! La Hacienda Spanish School feels like my home away from home and I can't wait to return someday! ¡Gracias por todo! ¡Los extraño!

Date of experience: December 2016