“¡Increíble!”

La Hacienda Spanish School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: La Hacienda Spanish School is a small, friendly and intimate language school based in the charming colonial town of Guanajuato, Mexico. We offer one of the most affordable opportunities in the city to dive into the enchanting language and culture of Mexico. We make learning Spanish fun! Our dedicated team of teachers adapt to your learning style and meet you right where you are at in your abilities and interests. This creates a comfortable, supportive learning environment for you to thrive in. Whether you are a beginner or advanced student, or somewhere in between, you will emerge from La Hacienda Spanish School thrilled with your new confidence to communicate and to connect with others in Spanish.
Reviewed February 3, 2017

I have taken Spanish off and on for 3 years in a variety of Latin American countries and had specific things I wanted to review. I took private lessons with Luis, and he is one of the best teachers I've had. He was excellent at catching my errors and then offering an impromptu lesson on the very topic I was murdering. He is able to distill a subject down to just what's important and offer a very clear explanation about what you need to know.

I highly recommend La Hacienda.

2  Thank Suzanne S
in 3 reviews
"culture"
"hacienda"

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

I attended classes , group classes with Luis and Esme, and a private class with Esme- this must be at least my 20th session with these two wonderful teachers ! I cannot get enough of these two - they never disappoint me! And now they are located in the larger part of this ex-Hacienda, the classrooms and outdoor spaces are incredible. So much space ! The lighting in the indoor classrooms is excellent! The garden area outside has so much potential, I can't wait to see what they do with it.
The Spanish classes were fun, as always, and of course somewhat challenging to push the level of my Spanish up a bit. My group classes were the perfect level for me, and we had a great time, the other students have now become my good friends. In my private classes I quite enjoyed the lengthy conversations with Esme and look forward to more of the same when I return in March.
I cannot say enough about this excellent Spanish school, la Hacienda, and its two founders and teachers par excellence - Luis and Esme. Definitely worth your while!

2  Thank MontrealSuper_Mom
Reviewed December 22, 2016

If you're looking to improve your Spanish AND live the authentic Guanajuato experience, this is the place to go! The teachers are knowledgeable, friendly and patient and they clearly enjoy what they do. The school is small, clean and safe and the location is fantastic! The classes are flexible, personalized and laid-back. Luis & Sme, the directors, are passionate about their work, and as locals, they love sharing their inside knowledge of this amazing city. The staff are all very kind, welcoming, respectful and genuine. I was so pleased to find this little school with a whole lot of heart! La Hacienda Spanish School feels like my home away from home and I can't wait to return someday! ¡Gracias por todo! ¡Los extraño!

1  Thank WhitVB22
Reviewed November 15, 2016

La Hacienda Spanish School was wonderful from start to finish! Communication, asking questions and making arrangements was a breeze. My friend and I stayed with a host mother in a shared room with a private bathroom. We could not have asked for a better family. We practiced Spanish and ate delicious home cooked food. We felt very welcome and at home, but also had our independence and plenty of freedom and time to explore the gorgeous city of Guanajuato. Luis and the other teachers are La Hacienda were fantastic! The classes were well structured, but also flexible enough not to allow for us to enjoy our time. We had classes both inside the school and outside (which was lovely given the colder weather in NYC). We discussed current news and read interesting materials. On the weekend Luis took us on a tour to some neighboring cities. It was a day of fun explorations, food, and insider knowledge. What a pleasure and he was incredibly generous with his time (and Spanish corrections). If you're looking for a school in Guanajuato, especially if you're looking for a balance of freedom and flexibility, while still ensuring you have enough structure to improve your Spanish and learn something about Mexico--this is absolutely the best choice!

1  Thank Nyasa H
See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

This is the third time that I took my Spanish classes with Luis. I really enjoyed taking my one-on-one conversation classes with him at La Hacienda Spanish School. He's very patient and kind. He always explains and answers all my questions precisely. Our classes were full of laughter and time simply flew by quickly. He also cares about his students and I highly recommend him to you.

After taking five weeks of classes with Luis in Guanajuato, I decided to continue my Spanish studies with him via Skype twice a week. The Skype classes have motivated me to continue my studies and I look forward to seeing him face to face next winter in Guanajuato :-)

1  Thank YeShanghai