Posada Santa Fe
Hotel de la Paz(Guanajuato)
$69
$75
$72
$82
  • Restaurant
Hotel Balcon del Cielo(Guanajuato)(Great Value!)
$80
$67
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjardin unionparking entrancehistoric hotellovely old hoteloil paintingsthe main squarespeak fluent englishhotel barunbeatable locationno liftsteps awaypozolestay there againlower floorteatro juarezlarge roomparking lot is
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

An incredible place to stay! From our arrival by car to our check, the place was just amazing. We got lucky and they gave us the roof top room...it was just amazing to arrive by 10pm and see the panoramic view of Guanajuato by night, right out of our room!
The room itself was beautiful too, but we honestly spent more time outside and on the terrace, in the jacuzzi...
The staff was really nice, the included breakfast huge...
On this occasion I was inviting my family in Mexico, from france and they just got blown away by this weekend...its simple...my brother, this big tough guy just had tears in his eyes when he saw the view.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank melykee
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel is old and the bed is not that great. We staid this past Friday and enjoyed the location, but could not get a good night sleep. It was noisy even though we got a room in the back. You can hear the people next door and they were kind of drunk.
Food is very good at the restaurant and service is also very good. I recommend the one in front of this hotel named 1850 or one about 30 yards from this one called "Enelvira".

Happy traveling!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I'll break it down into pros & cons.

Pros: Location right on the Jardin de la Union; easy access to the entire city; very eager and helpful staff.

Cons: Building is archaic and in need of a desperate overhaul: my first night there I had to have my toilet (yes, I said my toilet) replaced in the room because the one there didn't work; there is no hot water - if you leave it running 15-20 minutes it will get tepid/warm, but I could not shave for five days; no privacy - because these rooms are old there is no AC and windows and patio doors must be left open to create a cross breeze, but patios are communal and stranger have access to your room at all times; beds - where do I start? they are made up of smaller beds pushed together and it is impossible to get comfortable sleeping on the seams between mattresses, the pillows are lat pieces of cushioning covered in white cloth and are useless.

BIG CON: The price! For Mexico, this is not even a cheap hotel but runs about $100.00 US dollars a night!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank washwestcc
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel posada Santa Fe esta en el corazon de la ciudad. It is in the heart of Guanajuato. Across the street to the main Plaza and steps from Teatro Degollado!!!!!! YOu could not go wrong with this hotel. I highly recommend it. The hotel is historical from what I saw. Even some ex Mexican presidents have stayed there. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel nice and clean and nicely decorated. You feel like you are back in time during Revolution time. Beautiful art on the main floor and a outside door restaurant overlooking the main plaza. The room were nice and comfortable. Bed are hard but in general that is the same all over Mexico and Europe so don't spect a soft bed at all. My room was big enough and most of all clean. Nice and strong shower with HOT water and small balcony. We even got a coupons for a free beer (Victoria is the best Mexican Cerveza). I have stayed in GTO several times and had stayed in nice hotels too but outside the city had you have to take a taxi to get to town where everything is happening. Here again, estas en el corazon de la ciudad.

Finally, I normally don't complaint but I will share my experience. I booked a day tour of Guanajuato at the hotel. Fine, everything was good. What is funny they ask you to be very punctual even 15 minutes before departure so they won't delay the departure. Well, I'm from Mexico and I was curious about it and I showed up "ON TIME" (15 minutes before tour time), The tour supposed to start at 9am. I was there at 8:15 after I got my coffee at starbucks across the street. At 8:45 I informed the front desk that we were waiting for the tour. It is now 9:00 am and nothing so I go the the front desk and ask them about. She called them to see what happened? Well, They didn't even know that we had made the reservation. But they will be at the hotel in 30 minutes. No problem since we already paid for the tour. 30 minutes went by and nothing so I go to the front desk again and they were sorry and apologized to me. They said they were on the way but because of traffic they were running late. Fine. finally around 10am they showed up but I was surprised that not even and apology to us or nothing. No problem. I was there to have a good time. They took us around the city and I HIGHLY recommend you take the tour. They will take you to places you will not go or see on your own. Then they take us to a shopping area and they tell us we have all the time we want. Well, We were not in the mood to shop then, we wanted to see the city and since we already had lost a full hour we told him to skip it otherwise a waste of time. If you want to shop it is fine. I made the comment to they guy and he finally apologized for being late. and because he was friendly and know a lot about the city and gave him a good tip still but I was sure I told him I was not happing making us wait 1 full hour for them and they ask you important is to be "On time" I hope this helps for future reference.

OH. Loved the "DO NOT DISTURB" sgin in 10 different languages..... cute!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank world_traveler
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel has been around since 1862. The beds are hard, the furnishings a bit old, but you will not find a better location in Historical Guanajuato to stay. Walk out the door day or evening, and you are right where all the action is. We even met former President Vicente Fox there. A 3 day stay in this property would be great, longer stays I would recommend a more comfortable hotel. The included breakfast was great.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before committing to it. Some are very small, you can request a change once you have viewed your room. Quieter rooms are located in the back of the hotel, also request a room on the first level of rooms as there are no elevators and you will do a minimum of 24 steps to the first floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends