“Great location & atmosphere”

Van Gogh Restaurant Bar & Cafe
Ranked #211 of 272 Restaurants in Guanajuato
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: It is a place to enjoy good Mexican cuisine and a great variety of drinks including various styles of coffees. We are located in the heart of Guanajuato (Jardín Unión-frente al teatro Juarez).
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Being located on the main square means this is a great place to sit & enjoy a few drinks while soaking up the atmosphere of mariachis and watching the world go by. The food is more expensive than places away from the action and isn't outstanding but I found it better quality than a couple of the other places nearby.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

A fine moderately-priced mexican restaurant among many in the immediate area settled in a wonderful plaza filled with locals spending their Sunday evening with family and friends.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Ate here just now, found a stone in my food!!!!! They said initially they would not charge me so I said ok and stayed reluctantly. Then bill comes and they charged me for it!!! I tell them, they come back and say they have to still charge me 50% as I already ate some of it!!!!! STAY AWAY. I paid and left, horrible first restaurant experience.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

It was late and we were tired of walking, so this looked like the best bet in the Plaza Jardin. It was not bad...just very ordinary. The food was cafe fare, but at restaurant prices

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Good place for drinks and view of the square but the food is at best indifferent. Main courses came a long way apart. First one was luke-warm and sent back. Service poor. We gave up on desert or coffee. When they turned up the volume on the TV screens so you could not hear the surrounding music, that was enough. On balance one to avoid.